Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official thread: *** Woking 0-2 Albion *** Discuss it here

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
McPhee was looking very sharp in the first half.

Giallanza, hmm, jury is out. Didn't look very quick or strong. Did have a close range thunderbolt very well saved by Ashley Bayes, and a good looping header that just went wide.

Roberts was solid in the first half, and Kuipers solid in the second (and his kicking was spot on).

Butters is still more of an obstacle than a player, good in the air though.

OGH was superb for the David Lee goal.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just got back.

Another solid performance.

McPhee once again looked good, New bloke ran around a lot but didn't do much.

Harty looked sharp in the second half and nathan Jones is looking pretty lively as well.

Watson played tonight and did ok.

I have to disagree about Kuipers kicking, when he did kick it i was ok but he was so scared about kicking it, most of the time he wa slooking to roll it out to a defender, a couple of times almost giving the ball away. Definitely Roberts to start for me, Kuipers looks too nervous. At one point Roberts sprinted out about 30 yards after a f*** up by Pethick and out ran their striker.

In defence Adam Hinshlewood looked solid, as did kerry, butters is good in the air but nowhere else. Pethik wa sok but made a couple of costly errors.

Midfield looking solid, chippy and Rodgers both look like cementing their central midfield partnership.

Thats about it.

Good pre seaosn performance against a conference side. we never looked like loosing it. The Woking fans I was stood next to actually said, we were a class above and they couldn't compete.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any 'Knight Out' chants? Or were his critics having Harry Potter read to them tonight by Mummy and Daddy?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like the game I saw. Where did you watch from Tinx? I was on the terrace by the halfway line. I didn't want to go in that big stand, 'cos it just made me feel embarrsed about Withdean!!!

:lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah I started about the half way line on the terrace as well, then moved up to towards the main stand for the second half then when it started to rain I wandered over to the shitty cover stand near the exit so I could make a quick getaway.

I must've been right close to you at the beggining of the game.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Nothing spectacular tonight but a good solid performance and we were rarely under pressure. Mcphee looked lively and was easily losing his marker and getting onto a lot of balls over the top. Marney showed a few nice touches and had some decent runs but his crossing or final ball let him down. Butters looked as fit as he's going to get and was good in the air but I can see players causing him trouble if they are allowed to run at him.

The two keepers didnt have much to do but Roberts quick distribution and communication impressed me. Michel had more to do and dealt with it easily but fluffed one kick.

The trialist could have had two goals tonight and I'd give him a couple more games to prove himself. Should have scored when he smacked a volley from close range but hit the keeper. The attendance was 996.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Curious Orange said:
I was the bloke in the donkey jacket and an England baseball cap. I didn't move 'cos I perfer watching from halfway, just habit I guess.

Don't remember seeing you

I was leaning against the fence at the back just to the right of the halfway line in a Blue Hooded Ecko Sweatshirt with a massive red logo on the front and listneing to some tunes on my MP3 player.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Don't remember seeing you

I was leaning against the fence at the back just to the right of the halfway line in a Blue Hooded Ecko Sweatshirt with a massive red logo on the front and listneing to some tunes on my MP3 player.

Ah, I was to the right of that, there was about three Woking fans between us I guess. No I don't remember seeing you either!!!! Well, we've almost met. Ha ha!!!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I thought Gaetano looked sharp. His movement was good, first touch excellent and he always did something positive when he got the ball. Very rarely gave it away.

Roberts also looked good - didn't have much to do, flapped a bit at one cross but, other than that, his general craft and distribution was spot on.

FDM also looked better than in the previous two games.

Overall, not a great game, but we did enough and I reckon we could have one of our strikers for next season sorted (although doesn't look like anyone else thought so). Mcphee also impressed me with his work-rate and the lad just can't stop scoring -

M-C-P-H-E-E
Chris Mcphee's got 5 in 3
With a knick-knack paddy-whack, give a dog a bone
Crystal Palace - f*ck off home!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Curious Orange said:
Ah, I was to the right of that, there was about three Woking fans between us I guess. No I don't remember seeing you either!!!! Well, we've almost met. Ha ha!!!

Thats exactly where I was stood next to a group of three or four woking fans. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Only 2 Kerry Mayos said:
Can we have a team(s) line-up please.
Or is that a bit too much to ask for?

First half:

Roberts
Watson
Pethick
Butters
Mayo
Pitcher
Oatway
Chippy
Marney
Mcphee
Giallanza

2nd Half:

Kuipers
Watson
Pethick (Hinshelwood after about 50mins)
Butters (Harding after about 75 mins)
Jones
Piercy
Lee
Rodger
Hammond
Mcphee (Hart after about 60 mins)
Giallanza (Wilkinson after about 60 mins)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The funniest bit was when the ball was kicked directly into the portaloos. Trust me, you had to be there.

Not a bad performance from Albion - great save by Kuipers midway through the 2nd half to deny Woking an equaliser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here