Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So Rooney doesnt like us boooiong them

Its because you are SHIT!!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What was it that Rooney said? I missed it?

Nice to see your own fans boo you-loyal supporters.

What do you expect you fat f***? A pat on the back followed by a rousing chorus of "Championes"?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
ok time to digest this - i don't care that it's 'my' country playing...i don't give a toss that this limp bunch of overpaid men (inc capello) do not progress an inch further in this world cup - that was the most apathetic performance i've seen for many years. rooney, the man so often mentioned as the sole reason we 'may' have a chance to win the world cup was a beaten man for the entire 90 minutes. as from today i will be switching my allegiance to my wife's home team - brasil....
the fact remains i get more passionate following the albion than the national team, same goes for a fair few of my friends.

England 18/06/10 R.I.P.

totally agree..........cant wait till August 7th!!!!!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
A nothing, nothing performance.
Johnson, Rooney, Carragher, Terry, Hskey, Lennon, Cole, Lampard and Gerrard were all embarrassing. The rest of the world must be laughing their socks off. To coin a cliche - overpaid wankers. Sorry but it's true.
Don't deserve to qualify never mind win the bloody cup.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Dissapointing result, and performance, but still fancy us to go through possssibly win the group. We were terrible and anonymous but all is not lost. It reminds me of Italia 90 when we drew our first two group games 1-1 and 0-0 and got a scrappy 1-0 win against egypt. We got to the semi finals then, so can lightning strike twice?

Fabio has to change it and give them a kick up the backside. In the last must win shit or bust game under Cappello we went to Croatia and won 4-1, when the pressure was on.

Keep the faith people.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
what an absolutely ABYSMAL match, this makes France look relatively good, But with a team like slovenia winning both their games, we dont even DESERVE to qualify to the last 16

Thought Slovenia drew today.

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
Dissapointing result, and performance, but still fancy us to go through possssibly win the group. We were terrible and anonymous but all is not lost. It reminds me of Italia 90 when we drew our first two group games 1-1 and 0-0 and got a scrappy 1-0 win against egypt. We got to the semi finals then, so can lightning strike twice?

Fabio has to change it and give them a kick up the backside. In the last must win shit or bust game under Cappello we went to Croatia and won 4-1, when the pressure was on.

Keep the faith people.

I admire your optimism HOWEVER who wants to see a half hearted english team appear in the latter stages. I cannot imagine a single 'neutral' around the world wishing the english to progress. That often used phrase 'the beautiful game' was abused today. I know football fans are notoriously fickle but personally, I do not want to see that style of football any more in this global tournament. When you watch the Argentianian's play it is a light year from what we can produce. We had our chance and have blown it. End of.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
For me they are just not backing themselves - the body language says it all.

Week in week out in the Premiership they back themselves in key situations whether it is scoring goals, making key tackles, passes, saves et al

The key to beating Slovenia will be getting that confidence and self belief back, if they do not then it is all over - this will be the real test of Fabio's management skills.

Come On England - believe.....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Somethings gone wrong with the team and the manager......somethings very wrong indeed...maybe he's trying to cut them down to size and he's gone to far, breaking them down to see if they have any fight at all in them...

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
england really lacked a leader on the pitch today. with so many club captains and natural leaders on the pitch (gerrard, terry, lampard, rooney, carragher) not one person tried to get everyone going. when beckham was captain he would really get the players going by example, (chasing lost causes, shouting at players etc). not one of the players even look like they wanted it, such a lack of passion, no urgency and they just dont seem interested!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Almost as bad as France, that's my worst criticism.

Wednesday + Slovenia = Joe Cole.

Carragher's out anyway, good riddance, and drop Lampard.

My team: James; Johnson, Terry, Dawson, A Cole; Lennon, Barry, Carrick, J Cole; Gerrard; Rooney.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Enough with the f***ing hoof ball, we looked 10 times more likely to score with Defoe on. Heskey was shit, his link up play is good but what use is a striker that just doesnt score?

Part of me wants to see us go out as Seeing Terry etc taken down a peg or two would make my summer.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If only.........

images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here