Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Thread Brazil-V-North Korea**

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good call there Mr H. I thought that Mendoza kiddie at the back was smashin' too - although I'm suprised they didn't stick Mendoza on for the last 20 mins tbh. He & Mendoza could've caused some right damage to them Samba ponces. :wink:

Good point, well made Ms T.

BTW what d'ya reckon the plural of 'Mendoza' is? Mendozes? Mendozan? Mendozii? I think we should be told.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think the days when Brazil were revered are over. They are now pretty much a team composed of European style players simply because most of them play in Europe to that style.

Ivory Coast and Portugal must fancy their chances surely.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

DPRK - despite letting me down at the bookies, living in a dictatorship etc what a good effort. Organised, some talent and belief. The best thing about it?

Every single player, backroom staff member, supporter made the effort to sing their national anthem. Thats exactly what is required of our squad, Fabio et al! No sing, no play, show some alliegence! [SIC?]. The supporters all dressed in communist......sorry, all dressed in identical fanwear akin to only the crazy Dutch orange dudes man.

Mind you I dont want them to make the sudden death stages - could have a different meaning in DPRK!

Anyway me and Mendoza are just tucking into some stir fried Labrador testiculai before endulging in some flambed Spaniels Ears.

HCQ

p.s. Solly Mendoza, you creary Chinese not Kolean.

Oct 25, 2003
that korea goal was actually pretty good wasn't it? that knock down by jong tae-se (my new favourite player) was extremely good, good touch to get past the defender and then a great finish

was impressed by the democratic people's republic tonight, and i was kind of expecting to be......a lot of patronisation and snobbery has been thrown their way, but they looked better than a few other teams in this tournament

Oct 25, 2003
just done a bit of JONG TAE-SE research, and (according to wikipedia) he has scored 15 goals in 22 international games

that can't be right? that's INSANE..........what a goal machine!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Goal of the Century

thought that was a great goal. Who smashes a cross low like that unless you want it to deflect of someone at best? Maybe he looked like he was going to cross to get the keeper to move out and create some space?

Wardy scored goals like that, notably against Div 3 Champions Mansfield, after beating the whole Mansfield defence first, and the keeper had the near post covered and it was at a tighter angle and it hit the roof of the net before anybody could say "he shot, he scored, it must be ..."

But that was in the last millennium when the balls were not so round and the defenders were allowed to clog ... except they had to be careful with Wardy around, because not only was he leading scorer, but he gained about ten penalties in the same season.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so brazil struggle to beat a 200th ranking team,we DRAW against a team in the top 20,mmmmm wonder what the press say about that:facepalm:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
North Korea were a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the teams so far - great commitment, no cheating, no arguing with the ref, had a bit of a go at Brazil.

I'd far rather watch them again than Portugal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
North Korea were a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the teams so far - great commitment, no cheating, no arguing with the ref, had a bit of a go at Brazil.

I'd far rather watch them again than Portugal.

This

That Tae-Se Jong had a cut up his leg that would have Ronaldo rolling from one penalty area to another, the Korean just got on with the game. Fantastic stuff; no diving, no cheating, no brandishing imaginary cards - hope they get through the next round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here