Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Thread Brazil-V-North Korea**

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brazil aren't very flairmongous under Dunga are they?

It's almost as though their inner beings have been mysteriously swapped with the Germans overnight.

Yes, they will beat the DPRK (I've got the name right now, Mr Kim Jong Hun), but it might be another bore-fest whereby they do the minimum then pack up for the night.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
5-0 Brazil.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How many of the squad will actually return to their homeland after the tournament?

A few of them live in Japan anyway I think?

There's a fairly decent sized ethnic North Korean community in Japan, and most of the players in question were born there. Jong Tae-Se (their "star" striker) is definitely based in Japan as he was being asked questions about what he thinks when he meets up with the DPRK based players.

I guess the problem with potential defectors is that their families will still be in Korea, and would presumably face repercussions if the players were to do a bunk.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
According to the World Cup Daily podcast China might be bussing in 1000 fans to support North Korea and there will be no North Korean fans at the game

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is one bloke (an English guy) who follows the DPRK all over the world, and is frequently their only supporter at away matches.

He's also a Pompey fan. So on the bright side, he's used to corrupt, dictatorial regimes :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In fact I just heard his name on the telly, I think ITV might be about to do a feature on him.

Probably weren't allowed to talk to any actual North Koreans.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
There is one bloke (an English guy) who follows the DPRK all over the world, and is frequently their only supporter at away matches.

He's also a Pompey fan. So on the bright side, he's used to corrupt, dictatorial regimes :thumbsup:

Just about to come up on ITV

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Come on you WACKY Koreans.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, the Koreans all seem to be singing their anthem.

Sing, or die!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Hmmm, the Koreans all seem to be singing their anthem.

Sing, or die!

At least one of them was in tears. Not "I'm at the world cup for my country teams." but a "Someone just made a mess out of my bollocks in a vice and threatened to kill me if we don't win" tears.

:shrug:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm hoping the Koreans have been secretly grown in a laboratory and today is the day they reveal themselves as the new super power in football.

Come on the dog eaters!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here