Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Don’t burst my bubble Dazzer!… I need all the motivation I can get to keep up with the NSC Gazelles

Hang on, isn't 10k for you a bit like, "right, that's my shoe laces done up... oh, I've finished"?

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Yeah, had a bit of a tummy bug from Sunday from one of those kids indoor play places. Plus been running & cycling most days with double sessions 3 days a week since SDW and as I’m in between training plans.. I chucked myself into plenty of speed work so haven’t really had much rest, no injuries, but legs are now a bit heavy…… So after tonight 2 weeks off running, just cycling.. Yeah! Also its always good to get your excuses in early!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Phoenix 10k. I have to hand it to BigNuts I never thought Harmison was recalled for the 5th Ashes Test in 2009 at The Oval. I was there as well. The Better Half provided a few pints and good to meet you all. Shame about having to do the running first.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Well that was fun.. even though my dodgy stomach caused a bit of pain, the legs felt strong. Stayed with the 40min pacer until the turn and then kicked on a bit. 39:50 i think according to the time at the end.. which im pleased about considering feeling a bit crap.

Got there late so was in a rush and couldnt see any albion clobber? Prob me being blind and i had to dash at the end to avoid the mother of all accidents, if you get my drift.

Anyhows hope everyone had a good race and got the time they wanted

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great to meet some of you guys. Have to say that was a really well organized event and quite nice to pit myself against some genuine club runners. I really wanted to break 50 mins and there was a 50 minute pacer but i could only stay with him for 6k. As usual k splits 8 and 9 were my downfall before "sprinting" 10. I've just checked my chip time though and it was 50.55 so my pub bragging time was the gun time. Also managed my first ever sub 25 minute 5k (the first 5) and a mile time of 7.44.

This thread is one of the best things about NSC and I only partially say that because I've had three pints of Landlord.

*collapses*

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Well that was fun.. even though my dodgy stomach caused a bit of pain, the legs felt strong. Stayed with the 40min pacer until the turn and then kicked on a bit. 39:50 i think according to the time at the end.. which im pleased about considering feeling a bit crap.

Got there late so was in a rush and couldnt see any albion clobber? Prob me being blind and i had to dash at the end to avoid the mother of all accidents, if you get my drift.

Anyhows hope everyone had a good race and got the time they wanted

Impressive I kicked off with a 6:17 first mile and soon realised it was a suicidal pace for me. Ran 6:53 for mile 2 and although I sped up a little to 6:47 pace I didn't have too much left in the tank and got my self home in 41:28 which is about a 26 second pb.

Good drink after with 5 other NSC runners and next event is the 10k same route September 20th although I hope to partake in a number of park runs between then.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Impressive I kicked off with a 6:17 first mile and soon realised it was a suicidal pace for me. Ran 6:53 for mile 2 and although I sped up a little to 6:47 pace I didn't have too much left in the tank and got my self home in 41:28 which is about a 26 second pb.

Good drink after with 5 other NSC runners and next event is the 10k same route September 20th although I hope to partake in a number of park runs between then.

Great running, it was hard running into that breeze.. yeah i hope to catch up with you all at some point at some park runs in the coming weeks/months. Gutted i missed out on the the drinks afterwards.. but heyho

my splits;

1: 6:18
2. 6:22
3. 6:29
4. 6:12
5. 6:19
6. 6:18
7. 11:19 (forgot to stop my garmin!)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great running, it was hard running into that breeze.. yeah i hope to catch up with you all at some point at some park runs in the coming weeks/months. Gutted i missed out on the the drinks afterwards.. but heyho

my splits;

I smashed you first mile!

1 6:16.3 1.00 6:16
2 6:36.3 1.00 6:36
3 6:51.9 1.00 6:52
4 6:47.9 1.00 6:48
5 6:47.1 1.00 6:47
6 6:45.1 1.00 6:45
7 1:23.8 0.23 6:01

41:28.3 6.23 miles Avg Pace 6:39

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
D

my splits;

Apologies. The away shirt came off at 7:20pm. Didn't want to run in it. Pint next time.
Well done on sub 40. My plan went awry with 22" first 5k and 22"10' second. Nothing left in last kilometre to get sub 40 but maintained pace.
Many PBs broken by NSC last night and Harveys at the end.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
D

Apologies. The away shirt came off at 7:20pm. Didn't want to run in it. Pint next time.
Well done on sub 40. My plan went awry with 22" first 5k and 22"10' second. Nothing left in last kilometre to get sub 40 but maintained pace.
Many PBs broken by NSC last night and Harveys at the end.

Oh no thats cool.. top running, and top running all round nsc.

39:42 in the end.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Fun evening all round. PBs for four out of six of the NSC contingent. Very pleased to run 43:25, a minute quicker thN Worthing a few weeks ago. Great to put a few faces to names and an enjoyable pint afterwards. Looking forward to the next event which I think for me will be half marathons at end of September apart from a few park runs of course. Well done all!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My plan went awry with 22" first 5k and 22"10' second. Nothing left in last kilometre to get sub 40 but maintained pace.

Sub 44" I meant to say. My real objective was to beat Simgull but he was out of sight from the start and maintained it. Ending up with a 45 second victory in a race he didn't even know he was in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thought I\d replied to this earlier but obviously not.

Great to meet more of you last night – and well done again to those who got PBs. Just checked the official times, and I was 45:07, which actually isn't too bad - I think 44 was a bit of a pipe dream, but maybe in a few months time with a bit more timber shifted. Now to turn my attention back to marathon training – IOW is less than three months away...

I would post my split times, but the USB connection AND the wifi/Bluetooth is playing up on my Garmin, and I CBA to do it manually!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Sub 44" I meant to say. My real objective was to beat Simgull but he was out of sight from the start and maintained it. Ending up with a 45 second victory in a race he didn't even know he was in.

Did n't anyone ever tell you it's the taking part that counts :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here