Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
I organised a five a side in the summer with another guy and we raised 750 quid for the trust, Sadly wasn't registered on ehre at the time so couldn't get the message across to you. Richie I do happen to know that we have got a fans team who have recently played hull and I think are do to play torquay too.

PM me if you want the guy who runs the teams address

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
I like the idea of a fans game.

I also like the idea of possibly a Wrexham V Brighton Legends match as well.

Mickey Thomas and Jimmy Case have both played for the two clubs although in Mickey's "case" I don't think he had such a great time down at Brighton!

And in Jimmy's "case" he only played a few games for Wrexham.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
PM'd you Wrexhamgnasher.

I need something to get my teeth into now today has come and gone.

I will try and sort out a game between the two sets of fans if you pm me that guys email address.

Perhaps a supporters game followed by a legends game? Might up the crowd a little bit.

I will get on to it tomorrow!

cheers

Richie

Last edited:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Richie Morris said:
Brighton fans vs Wrexham fans match? Great idea.

I am going to try and sort this out so anyone who wants to play pm me.

Definitely keep the money for yourselves though.
Like you said to me on another thread Richie.............It's nice to be told I've had a good idea for once.:)

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Just got home and finally thawed out - didnt dare put the heater on in the car as I would have fallen asleep!!!

Just wanted to say how proud I was today of Brighton fans, both at Withdean and at The Racecourse and will be wearing my new badge with pride!!

Sorry I didnt manage to do the full two hours in the cold with the buckets and huge praise to all who did!!

Fantastic amount raised - Richie, huge well done to you for the organising and slightly smaller huge well dones to everyone who helped him.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
StephenWrexhamFc said:
I like the idea of a fans game.

I also like the idea of possibly a Wrexham V Brighton Legends match as well.

Mickey Thomas and Jimmy Case have both played for the two clubs although in Mickey's "case" I don't think he had such a great time down at Brighton!

And in Jimmy's "case" he only played a few games for Wrexham.
Sorted then..................we'll have Jimmy, you have Mickey!!!:lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Beach Hut said:
Pleasure's all mine and Juniors.

I have to thanks Lush for her help I was beginning to flag in the North Stand and Junior had "retired" to hospitality with his mate as he was so freezing.

One twat started telling me I shouldn't be collecting for Wrexham then along came Lush to rescue my flagging spirits - thanks :clap2:

Listen mate I did nothing. You deserve a medal for being there so long...

Well done all!!!! - particularly Richie and bha fatboy/eastlondonseagull for their work with the badges.

:clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Well done to those who helped. I have just got out of a bath to try and thaw out.

I went for a drink with friends whilst waiting for Ned to finish work and come and pick me up.

I did fall asleep in the car. :yawn:

I am really thrilled we raised so much money. There were people chucking in fivers at a time which was fantastic.
I only had one Brighton fan say 'But they're Welsh' Idiot.

Most people chucked in whatever they could. Nice to see some Nsc'ers and some introduced themselves.
You're a great bunch.
:clap:

A superb effort, folks.

And a great idea to involve Mickey Thomas in a future "money making" venture.

:eek: :lolol: :eek:

But seriously ... the best pledge that Wrexham fans can make is to promise to throw their support at the next poor Club that find themselves in a position like this. We know that the football authorities will never intervene unless they start listening to fans. We'd all like to believe that Fans United could turn that round, but we're not holding our breath.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
A few pictures from today:

HERE

And sorry, Richie, but I think you moved at one of those critical focussing moments because, er, you weren't!!

Medals all round to everyone though!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well done everyone. A great effort.

I completely forgot about badges, though. Probably due to still being a bit fuzzy from the all day drinking on Friday and being frozen solid. Are there any still available?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

Del Boy said:

Am i getting smaller?

Called small by BHAfatboy, and min by you. :jester:

I'm going to guess you're photo 00007 on Roz's site, and yes, you're fairly small :lolol:

However, so's virtually everyone else. I'm unnaturally tall.

Roz's site is great, because it means I've seen photos of hundreds of NSC'ers and can't name any of them :lolol: And still don't know what Roz looks like....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

MYOB said:
And still don't know what Roz looks like....

Try the picture labelled "Photographers should always beware of offers to "hold the camera for you" !!!" That'll be roz.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Official Red for Wrexham Day Thread AND THE FINAL TOTAL FROM WITHDEAN

sully said:
Try the picture labelled "Photographers should always beware of offers to "hold the camera for you" !!!" That'll be roz.

Looks like a younger version of my great aunt. That said Donegal and Tyrone do adjoin county wise and there might be some truth in the theory of people looking like where they're from...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's very decent of you to add the words "younger version"!

Although I think you'll find it's a "Cavan likeness" - not that I'd rule out an an ancestral wander into Donegal ;)

PS. As for who people are, I'm very happy for the victims to identify themselves by means of the "comments" option on the picture albums!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here