Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Official NSC Cat Bore Thread.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was hoping this thread might pop up! We've recently become cat owners for the first time, taking on a 10 week old kitten (now 5 months) - a female moggy named Stevie. Fair to say she's got a LOT of energy, and makes it most known normally when we're just waking up/winding down :lolol: definitely been a real life-enhancer on the whole though.

You won't regret it. What a lovely addition to your family.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sad times as our second family cat Monty is really on his last legs. Doubt he'll make the next fortnight. :down:

Monty is the spitting image of [MENTION=9276]Barrow Boy[/MENTION]'s daughter's cat, Maude.

Maybe we should have our own cats on their last legs thread. My daughter's cat Lyla who is now something beyond 17 years old (RSPCA rescue cat). Each time my daughter moved out, the cat stayed :shrug:

lyla1.jpglyla2.jpglyla3.jpg

She used to be quite big and would chase any other cat/fox/squirrel out of the garden and surrounding area.

Although it doesn't look it in 2nd photo (asleep in top drawer in Mrs Wz's office), skin and bone, totally deaf, given up on cat flap and just cries VERY loudly (due to deafness) at back door. Huge vets bills, un-insurable for the last few years due to a thyroid problem which costs over £350 a year in medication. I told my daughter, we could have got a new one for that :wink:

Still here :love:

Last edited:

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
This is our two, Ruby and Clyde.

We originally had Clyde’s sister (called Bonnie, naturally!) but she was killed by a neighbour’s dog so, after some soul searching, we got a rag doll cat, called Ruby, to fill the gap.

As you can see, it worked out well…IMG_3612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is our two, Ruby and Clyde.

We originally had Clyde’s sister (called Bonnie, naturally!) but she was killed by a neighbour’s dog so, after some soul searching, we got a rag doll cat, called Ruby, to fill the gap.

As you can see, it worked out well…View attachment 149932

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a lovely picture, and two fine looking cats.

In my experience two cats get on better if they are introduced to the household together and at the same time. Obviously not always the case though as your picture proves!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0148.JPG
_20210630_213532.JPG

This is Misty. Rescue cat, her previous owner used to stuff her in a pillow case and wander the streets with her. She was understandably very shy when I first got her, took her two weeks to come out from under the bed but she's now very friendly. My Mrs (who never liked cats) now treats her like a baby, she can't walk past her without kissing her.
Not sure how old Misty is, I've had her for around 9 years and she must've been at least 3 or 4. I'll be devastated when her time comes, she's a massive part of the family.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
:lol: it’ll end up being abbreviated to Jim, which is odd for a pretty little female :lol:
Coco is actually the close 2nd at the moment…I’m all out of inspiration.

Coco? Cucu surely

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is Puff who we adored for 21 years until she went to Heaven 6 years ago. Loved to bits. Never a lap cat, except the night before she got seriously ill when she came for a cuddle with me … I think she was letting me know she was in pain and saying farewell.

:love::love::love::love::love:
2397C5FC-FDF4-428B-B546-027C16FCAB72.png

Within a few weeks we took on twin rescue kittens from the RSPCA, Coco and Misty. They’re so loving and so spoilt.

F0437417-F04D-48C6-834F-17FB4BB96B04.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He killed a mouse today. And just left it on the lawn. Vindictive b'stard :lolol:

When we had cats they used to bring their kills into the house. One morning I found them teaming up to bring a rabbit through the cat flap. One was on the inside and one pushing from outside :lolol:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Grew up with a Siamese for 19 years, loved him dearly, but after he passed the folks didn't want another, sadly. I got into dogs a few years ago and I do love them too but I couldn't keep one myself at the moment, just not practical or fair. So, last year I took a cat from the RSPCA in London Harmsworth Hospital based on a single photo and a short paragraph. They delivered her to my door!. They had had her for 6 months without interest so advertised in Brighton. She was almost PTS when they took her due to a floppy back leg when handed in. She was chipped to Oxford sheltered housing but when the warden visited they could find no owner. It seems she'd made her way to London from Oxford and was down to 2.6kg. They couldn't find much wrong with her structurally other than probable nerve damage. She was still in foster with them when I took her, I thought she was likely to be PTS as the RSPCA just don't promise not to put healthy animals down if they can't be rehomed and they were frustrated no one had taken her (in fact they have had a lot of criticism for putting down healthy animals, due to high numbers). I am a sucker for the unwanted, the unfashionable and the rejected (My People, like we all feel sometimes). They said she should be indoor-only due to her weakness and that suited me fine because I'm FFF, no garden. She was surprisingly bouncy when she came though and up to a tubby 5kg. She was an over groomer and had belly sores, bless her. But after numerous tweaks with the old Gabbies (a great little drug) we've found the right dose and no more sore tummy (likely referred pain from her rear spine, as she is sensitive to pressure there). I think maybe she'd been hit by a car, causing no structural damage but nerve damage and pain.

I love her to bits but she can be rather aloof - but after reading Vicky Halls and understanding more, it just doesn't matter to me. I love to watch her and she is so low maintenance. As Vicky says.: "cats are not dogs.. they are a different species with minimal social requirements and no fundamental need for a relationship of any sort.....they are fundamentally.... antisocial...". This is her :D. She does come for strokes, sits near me and on the bed sometimes. She my Plain Jane , saggy baggy tummed British Tabby :love:

20211224_140503.jpg

20211210_191548.jpg

She's lost weight on Katkin (I can't really afford it tbf but I'd rather give her decent food and I can eat healthily very cheaply. Cheap cat food is really full of rubbish) and she's down to a healthier 4.5kg. In fact, tbf, now I feel a bit guilty that she is kept indoors because she seems so healthy but the vet said that she won't be able to avoid outside dangers (traffic, other cats, dogs, foxes) like a fully fit cat could due to her spine issues. When I move in the future, though, I will move to somewhere where she can access some outside space (ha, won't be in Brighton still though due to the prices since City status).

edit, 2nd photo is cute but you can tell in her eye that when I went to stroke her she "Cat Slapped" my hand away with her paw (no claws).

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He killed a mouse today. And just left it on the lawn. Vindictive b'stard :lolol:

Next door's cat was busy torturing a frog yesterday. Have you ever heard a frog squeal? It's a horrible noise. If I could have got into their garden and saved it, I would, but unfortunately he was well out of my reach.

Mine, meanwhile, kills lots of mice: catches them and flings them around on the patio for a laugh, then eats them. All the more impressive as he only has about four teeth left, none of which are molars. He usually eats everything but the stomach, which he generously leaves for me.

I've never yet worked out how an animal without opposable thumbs or the ability to use a knife & fork can separate a mouse stomach quite so neatly from all the rest of the organs, bones and so on, whilst at the same time eating everything else, including the tail and head. Quite the skill, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here