Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Official NSC Cat Bore Thread.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sad times as our second family cat Monty is really on his last legs. Doubt he'll make the next fortnight. :down:

Monty is the spitting image of [MENTION=9276]Barrow Boy[/MENTION]'s daughter's cat, Maude.

Sad times indeed :(

I'm always going to be #teamcat and I'm hoping to get one myself in the not too distant future. The previous owner of my house even left a cat flap leading to the cupboard under the stairs. I'm assuming that's where they put the litter tray.

My girlfriend has a dog (Italian Greyhound) and I've really tried to like him. I just can't do it though. I don't want dogs anywhere near me.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
We had to have Charlie put down on Thursday. His various ailments finally caught up with him. A lovely gentle old boy we rescued from the RSPCA 7 years ago. I’m sure it won’t be long before we rescue another.
A7A8413F-4EA3-43E6-A084-6A0CDFF1B940.jpeg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is my boy, Harry. He was formerly a stray, and rescued by Cats Protection. He's a total horror when it comes to catching and destroying mice, and also when pawing my face at 3am, demanding either food or to be let outside.

But I adore him. Some of you will know I lost my husband to cancer last year. This chunky furbag has kept me going through the shittest of times.

IMG_5568.jpeg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And when I say "chunky" and "furbag", I mean it :smile:

He has learned to terrorise the neighbourhood dogs, at least two of whom now refuse to walk past my front door if Harry is sitting out there. He fluffs himself up to even larger than normal when he sees them approach, and then chases after them. We're talking about a Labrador at least twice his size, and a big Cockapoo. Both of them cower away from him whenever he appears. I feel a bit guilty for the poor dogs, but also secretly quite proud of my boy :lolol:

IMG_2079.jpeg

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Screenshot_20220716-234301.png

This is Monty, a 6+ rescue indoor cat due to being FIV+. A few weeks ago he managed to catch a bird. Figure that one out.

Stupid bird jumped through a slightly open window, within a few seconds was swiped out of the air, Monty extremely pleased with himself.

Incidentally, anyone thinking of rescuing an FIV+ cat - nice thing to do, but near impossible to insure which makes vet trips pretty expensive. And there's been a fair few.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This was gorgeous Gus, named after our manager when we'd been promoted in 2011, He was definitely my cat. He would jump on the bed in the morning when my cup of tea arrived, stand and stare at me at 10.30pm to tell me to go to bed! He would then stay on the bed for around 15 mins and leave me, as if to say, you're ok now.
Unfortunately last year, in May, he suddenly started vomiting, and within 36 hours had to be put to sleep with pancreatitis. I was heartbroken.

Gus September 2016.jpg

A few weeks later we were offered this gorgeous little bundle of fluff, Chips, who did a lot to help me with my grief, but in December, aged just 7 months, he was run over.
Now I was mourning two cats. I've had loads and never lost two in quick succession.

Any box wil do 5.11.21.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Go for it, our black male was called Daisy Coco, which then got shortened to either Daisy or Cokey, and he loved it. (My step daughter responsible for the name)

:D
:lol: it’ll end up being abbreviated to Jim, which is odd for a pretty little female :lol:
Coco is actually the close 2nd at the moment…I’m all out of inspiration.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This was gorgeous Gus, named after our manager when we'd been promoted in 2011, He was definitely my cat. He would jump on the bed in the morning when my cup of tea arrived, stand and stare at me at 10.30pm to tell me to go to bed! He would then stay on the bed for around 15 mins and leave me, as if to say, you're ok now.
Unfortunately last year, in May, he suddenly started vomiting, and within 36 hours had to be put to sleep with pancreatitis. I was heartbroken.

View attachment 149909

A few weeks later we were offered this gorgeous little bundle of fluff, Chips, who did a lot to help me with my grief, but in December, aged just 7 months, he was run over.
Now I was mourning two cats. I've had loads and never lost two in quick succession.

View attachment 149910

So sorry to hear this. Devastating losses so close to each other must be hard. I hope that you find another to love and look after.

BF

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

View attachment 149909

View attachment 149910

I still have a Gus! (and another four cats)

32098c817ed12e30e0171dde09d592e7.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So sorry to hear this. Devastating losses so close to each other must be hard. I hope that you find another to love and look after.

BF

We did. We still have our tortoiseshell, Pansy 10, that we'd had from a kitten, and then in June, we adopted these two rescue cats from a local centre, who had to be rehomed together.

Who is this newcome (Mr Chips).jpg

14 June 2022.jpg

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Sad times as our second family cat Monty is really on his last legs. Doubt he'll make the next fortnight. :down:

Monty is the spitting image of [MENTION=9276]Barrow Boy[/MENTION]'s daughter's cat, Maude.

To make it even weirder, our 7 month old kitten is called Monty and also a bit of a spitting image of them.PXL_20220713_121850105.MP.jpg
PXL_20220716_182643124.MP.jpg
PXL_20220716_093201734.MP.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
20220717_103125-COLLAGE.jpg

Team cat all the way here. And whilst not a cat snob I've always loved British Shorthairs. Millie is a blue spotted tortie whilst Oscar is a black silver tabby. Our first British was a classic blue boy called Baggio who lived to 18. And the fun we had taking him to the vets and the attempts from staff trying to pronounce his name! :)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Was hoping this thread might pop up! We've recently become cat owners for the first time, taking on a 10 week old kitten (now 5 months) - a female moggy named Stevie. Fair to say she's got a LOT of energy, and makes it most known normally when we're just waking up/winding down :lolol: definitely been a real life-enhancer on the whole though.

Stevie 1.jpg

Stevie 2.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Was hoping this thread might pop up! We've recently become cat owners for the first time, taking on a 10 week old kitten (now 5 months) - a female moggy named Stevie. Fair to say she's got a LOT of energy, and makes it most known normally when we're just waking up/winding down :lolol: definitely been a real life-enhancer on the whole though.

View attachment 149925

View attachment 149926

Looks like a bundle of fun to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here