WC Lions
WC Rams
WC Cowboys

Super Bowl - Kansas vs 49'ers

Winners Kansas

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I predict my decision to dump Gamepass will mean the Bears actually winning some games.
Gamepass is getting ridiculous now. It's going up for almost €30 a season here for the last 4 years and I'm refusing to pay it. The only advantage is had before was the lack of buffering compared to a dodgy stream/stick but it feels like that's worth it now considering we still can't stream in 4K over here.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My prediction: The Cleveland Browns will NOT win the Superbowl.

(In fact judging by pre-season we'll be lucky to assemble a winning season).

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Gamepass is getting ridiculous now. It's going up for almost €30 a season here for the last 4 years and I'm refusing to pay it. The only advantage is had before was the lack of buffering compared to a dodgy stream/stick but it feels like that's worth it now considering we still can't stream in 4K over here.
I stopped with GamePass a couple of years ago as the price increases made it unrealistic - especially as I was always likely to miss a few games and some games would be on Sky anyway. I got a dodgy stick primarily for NFL as the cost was about a third of the cost of GamePass and, has generally been reliable. GamePass had a lot of issues over the years and they never offered any compensation for the loss of service.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Quiet on this thread for the first weekend of the new season.

Watching Broncos at Seahawks there were two safeties against Seahawks in the first half. Tight first half but Seahawks pulling away now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Watching Broncos at Seahawks there were two safeties against Seahawks in the first half. Tight first half but Seahawks pulling away now.
Messy first half, but we won that fairly comfortably in the end. Great defensive performance, offence started badly but got better as the game went on. Good to have got a W on the board for Week 1.

Reactions: FCB

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

That was a shocking game in the first half….

The Bronco’s defence were just too good for the Seahawks offensive line, but Nix when passing telegraphed everything….

Still both teams infinitely better than the Giants 😔

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Good 'ol Falcons. That was a shambles in attack. Actually looked relatively solid in defence for once, restricting Steelers to solely FGs but absolutely nothing clicked in the second half.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Detroits Super Bowl train has left the station...

Bit rusty most of the game, but when the whole Rams D can't stop David Montgomery it made a nice relaxing OT

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Browns being Browns. again.

I know the Cowboys have a good defense, but that offensive showing last night was abysmal. Stefanski is still calling the plays which I find bizarre, as hes yet to show in his time at Cleveland that his offensive game plans are making any strides forward with the players he has at his disposal. It always seems so...safe, and telegraphed.

Our strength has always been the running game, and Ford did OK with a 3.6 avg on 12 rushes, but as soon as the game started getting away from us last night you just knew there was nothing in the tank to pull it back, once we had to ditch the ground game. You have to hope that Chubb will be back to somewhere near his best when he returns, because they will need him to be. Unfortunately, after 2 major knee injuries I cant see it happening, which breaks my heart as hes my favourite player, and hes also the heartbeat of that franchise along with Garrett.

Watson's stats last night of 24/45, 169yds, 1TD, 2 INTs are what I expect from someone who just doesn't seem to have the capability to play elite level football anymore. Look at what a 98yr old Joe Flacco did with more or less the same offense last season - Watson hasn't shown that at all in his playing time the last couple of years. Ignoring the off field issues, we gave a huge guaranteed contract to someone well beyond their best, and who just doesn't have that spark as a top QB. Such a massive waste of money, and unforgivable from the FO imo. He may well come up with a couple of big games for us this season, but I would rather have Jameis Winston under center tbh. Yep, really.

It just seems that we will be in a state of limbo until we get #4 off the roster, and out of town. Hes the worst thing to happen to this franchise since Modell packed us off to Baltimore. And thats saying something with the number of shocking teams / players / coaches weve had since 1999.

And its only week one.....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nothing like the first game of the season to dump a barrel of reality gatorade over your head. The Commanders once again proved the national pundits right by stinking out the Raymond James Stadium last night. The defense was awful, not just the secondary (which was expected) but also the interior which could not stop the run or wrap up Baker when they had him in their sights.

Jayden Daniels, thankfully looks as advertised. Very impressive debut given the team he is playing for. Still it would be nice if Kingsbury would scheme the WRs into the offence at some point.

After all that, credit to the Buccaneers they looked good. Mayfield was throwing some absolute dimes, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin were excellent and they were able to get the ball moving on the ground. Tampa looking like they will be heading to the playoffs again. As a Duck fan it was good to see Bucky Irving get some carries.

All set for the two bald men fighting over a comb Bowl against the Giants next week!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I predict my decision to dump Gamepass will mean the Bears actually winning some games.
1-0 of course. A one score win over, erm, the Titans.

Caleb Williams, right? Wrong. The D and Special Teams did all the work. Our offense can only get better, I suppose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders crash and burn

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
That was a shocking game in the first half….

The Bronco’s defence were just too good for the Seahawks offensive line, but Nix when passing telegraphed everything….

Still both teams infinitely better than the Giants 😔
At least Nix can move unlike the geriatric QB the Seahawks rinsed us for:mad: (or, for a more reasonable view, Broncos ridiculously over paid for and then compounded the issue by giving him a contract extension). The Hawks D was very well organised so hopefully a good learning exercise fro the rookie.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Messy first half, but we won that fairly comfortably in the end. Great defensive performance, offence started badly but got better as the game went on. Good to have got a W on the board for Week 1.

OL is the main concern and something that will probably hold us back. Hopefully they can stay healthy (didn't start well with George Fant already out with a knee injury) and gel together. Clearly we also lack talent in that department but chemistry and consistency is also very important and we've not had that with all the injuries and constant shuffling on the OL in recent years. But I believe in a new OL coach who did a great job at UW (college team that I also follow) to improve them as much as possible.

I know some people don't rate Geno but I believe he is a borderline top 15 QB at least and could be even better this season if OL will perform on adequate level. We have good weapons at both WR and RB. Noah Fant is a good TE too but depth behind him is a bit questionable. But I think lot of teams would like to have DK, JSN, Lockett, Walker, Charbonnet, McIntosh and Fant.

And I think I've already said this here before but I always believed defense has much more talent than shown in last years. Mike Macdonald and his staff will get that out of them. I'm sure rookies (especially Byron Murhpy) and new signings will contribute a lot too - Dodson for example had a hell of a game.

They already looked so much improved and it's only first game in a new scheme. Granted against a rookie QB so we'll see how they'll do against better QBs/offenses. I expect there will still be some up and downs with defense in first half of the season but should look like a very good and serious unit in two months time. But for now I'm happy just to see the players who can actually tackle. Almost forgot what tackling is watching this defense last few seasons.

1-0 of course. A one score win over, erm, the Titans.

Caleb Williams, right? Wrong. The D and Special Teams did all the work. Our offense can only get better, I suppose.
Ive given sky sports a bash for a month via Now TV, cos i quite fancied a bit of the Redzone coverage - bloody hell, its such a massive dump of info, it really takes a lot of brainpower to kind of watch eight matches at the same time :p I like the immediacy of seeing the Bears scores and big events straight away, ive previously been following the scores via the NFL app which is sometimes instantaneous and occasionally ridiculously delayed - it was pretty annoying. The Redzone is great, i'm a convert! (this is old news to probably everyone else in here, but its new to me dammit)

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Ive given sky sports a bash for a month via Now TV, cos i quite fancied a bit of the Redzone coverage - bloody hell, its such a massive dump of info, it really takes a lot of brainpower to kind of watch eight matches at the same time :p I like the immediacy of seeing the Bears scores and big events straight away, ive previously been following the scores via the NFL app which is sometimes instantaneous and occasionally ridiculously delayed - it was pretty annoying. The Redzone is great, i'm a convert! (this is old news to probably everyone else in here, but its new to me dammit)
There was a great article on The Athletic last season about how Scott Hansen doesn't drink anything during the show as he doesn't have time for toilet breaks.

There was a great article on The Athletic last season about how Scott Hansen doesn't drink anything during the show as he doesn't have time for toilet breaks.
Its a staggering amount of information, of narratives, of entertainment, of everything - its a brilliant bit of television. Deciding to go two, three or four screen at any one time is a logistical and directorial headache, cos if you miss anything youll have ten million people instantly calling you a berk.
Im not surprised he doesnt drink and cant wee, and he cant ever just dial it in and take it easy cos hes got a bit of a hangover from a couple of pints the night before, he must be right on the dexy's to keep his concentration dead on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here