Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2024/25 šŸˆ

DarrenFreemansPerm

ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
London games boring teams for me (with apologies to @Ali_rrr and @DarrenFreemansPerm). I donā€™t dislike the Vikes or Panthers, but their opponents arenā€™t particularly inspiring (even with the Bears improved offense)

Draft wise Giants did okay, but only had 6 picks.

Another long yearā€¦ā€¦ watching Saquon rush for 200 yards per game in a decent offense.
No offence taken I can assure you.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Pre-Season games in full flow this weekend - does anyone here pay attention to these?

Just four weeks out now.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If anybody cares, there's a lot of controversy surrounding the Browns and their stadium plans. They are weighing up renovating their downtown lakefront stadium or moving to the Brook Park suburb to build an all new domed stadium. The site is right next to the airport.

The rumors are that they've already decided on Brook Park and will be announcing it in the next few weeks.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
If anybody cares, there's a lot of controversy surrounding the Browns and their stadium plans. They are weighing up renovating their downtown lakefront stadium or moving to the Brook Park suburb to build an all new domed stadium. The site is right next to the airport.

The rumors are that they've already decided on Brook Park and will be announcing it in the next few weeks.
Wow, that looks like a spectacular stadium (well I doesn't even look like a football stadium). I really like the design!

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Pre-Season games in full flow this weekend - does anyone here pay attention to these?

Just four weeks out now.

Usually not but will watch the Seahawks to see what our new coaching staff is up to. Not that I expect to see too much in preseason games but it's just something new and fresh after 14 years.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Maybe Im Old Skool...but we should NOT be playing indoors!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Justin Jefferson signs a BIG 4yr / $140m deal to stay at the Vikings. Let hope that Darnold or McCarthy can get the ball to him, to justify the money! šŸ˜†
Lot of fuss about JJ McCarthy not being able to throw deep... Did it twice against the Raiders Saturday. Excited for this season!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe Im Old Skool...but we should NOT be playing indoors!
Agreed. Also from the outside that looks more like a warehouse or a factory than a sports stadium.

And pre-season has started well: a defeat, an underwhelming performance and a host of injuries. Only bright spot was Dorian Thompson-Robinson. *Sigh*

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Agreed. Also from the outside that looks more like a warehouse or a factory than a sports stadium.

And pre-season has started well: a defeat, an underwhelming performance and a host of injuries. Only bright spot was Dorian Thompson-Robinson. *Sigh*
Not been following Pre Season / camp tbh...whos injured?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not been following Pre Season / camp tbh...whos injured?
Five injured against the Packers (to go with the other long-term injuries and those that happened in Camp):

Ronnie Hickman (S), David Bell (WR), Luke Wypler (C), Vincent Gray (S) and Nathaniel Watson (LB). (Pity it wasn't the other Watson but he wasn't playing). Wypler I think was the worst as he will require surgery.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
McCarthy out for the season.

Was never too high on him personally but sucks to start your professional career with a serious injury. Hope he returns stronger.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone care to make any predictions?

AFC
Division winners
Buffalo
Cincy
Houston
Kansas

WC - Baltimore
WC - Indianapolis
WC - Jacksonville

NFC
Division winners
Eagles
Green Bay
Tampa Bay
SF 49ers

WC Detroit
WC Seattle
WC Chicago

Super Bowl - Kansas vs Green Bay

Winners Kansas

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I predict my Broncos will not make the playoffs but that they will be competitive in a tough AFC West this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here