Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If anyone is stealing a living it’s Reynolds…….
Agree entirely
I remember he was a studio guest a few times with Halling & Cadle due to the fact he was a journalist for First Down newspaper.
He should've stuck to the written word tbh as he was more wooden than the desk they sat behind...and hes not much better now.
How the bosses at Sky thought he would be the best studio anchor for them will always remain a mystery to me.

article-2464097-18C1D52B00000578-367_306x423.jpg

Looks like he should be selling you a house, rather than one of the most exciting team sports on the planet.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I remember he was a studio guest a few times with Halling & Cadle due to the fact he was a journalist for First Down newspaper.
He should've stuck to the written word tbh as he was more wooden than the desk they sat behind...and hes not much better now.
How the bosses at Sky thought he would be the best studio anchor for them will always remain a mystery to me.
Quite.

I used to get Touchdown and then First Down, when it initially started…..

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Wanted: Running Back - please send CVs to Nathaniel Hacket, Mile High Stadium, Denver.

Broncos finally dump Melvin Gordon and his incredible Teflon hands. Says a lot that we only have two fit RBs in veterans Murray and Mack (yet to play) and yet they still got rid after his fifth fumble of the season.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wanted: Running Back - please send CVs to Nathaniel Hacket, Mile High Stadium, Denver.

Broncos finally dump Melvin Gordon and his incredible Teflon hands. Says a lot that we only have two fit RBs in veterans Murray and Mack (yet to play) and yet they still got rid after his fifth fumble of the season.
Murray is pretty durable & dependable - you'll be OK with him until they figure out what to do.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Murray is pretty durable & dependable - you'll be OK with him until they figure out what to do.
He's been pretty good so far but as soon as we name him as a starter, he will end up on IR like a lot of our other players. Seriously though, he can't do it all himself and we are short of options if we want to try something different or just give him a rest.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
He's been pretty good so far but as soon as we name him as a starter, he will end up on IR like a lot of our other players. Seriously though, he can't do it all himself and we are short of options if we want to try something different or just give him a rest.
I wouldn't rule out Marlon Mack making a contribution. I dont know how much he has left in the tank after his big injury last year, but you may be surprised down the stretch as hes probably fresher than any other RB in the league right now!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Jul 7, 2003
Another dire display from the Broncos this evening. Not all down to Wilson but it feels like we bet the house on black and it came up red.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great to see my Texans win the 2nd half 15-0 on the road.

Sadly the fact they were 30 points down after the 1st half does tend to negate the positives.

4-13 last year. 1-9-1 this year.

Bring on the draft.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Gutting OT defeat for Seattle.

Back to the porous Defence of the early season. Sling in a couple of rubbish ref calls, a comedy mix-up between KW3 and Geno Smith and there you go. Had the chances to win it and all.

Having got ourselves into playoff contention when nobody expected us to, real shame that it’s now starting to slip out of reach. Next week pretty much a must-win if we want to stay in the mix.

Still, good to see Russell and the Donkeys doing their very best to give us a top three pick in the draft.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jags win and what end to the game. looked like yet another close defeat (story of our season) but they actually bloody did it.
I'll tell you something, that absolutely MADE my weekend. Having the Browns win for a change helped, but that last Jags drive against the clock, then the 2-point conversion to win it - and then the missed 'impossible' field goal ... well, it was brilliant. I'm still grinning now! Bloody hate the stealing Ravens. Yes I'm still bitter. No I don't want to 'get over it'.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
First time for a while I've seen it through to the bitter end on Redzone last night, & it didn't disappoint.
A great slate of games this week - made better with a last second Chargers win, and a Ravens last second loss.
Plus a 1pt win in fantasy football thanks to Nick Chubb bulldozing the Bucs :) Life is good.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'll tell you something, that absolutely MADE my weekend. Having the Browns win for a change helped, but that last Jags drive against the clock, then the 2-point conversion to win it - and then the missed 'impossible' field goal ... well, it was brilliant. I'm still grinning now! Bloody hate the stealing Ravens. Yes I'm still bitter. No I don't want to 'get over it'.
I know exactly how you feel. Regardless of my thoughts on the Browns this year - I will always despise the Ravens for what Modell did. Watching them lose to the Jags was probably the highlight of my weekend.

BTW - although I've taken a conscious step back from the Browns this season, I've kept an eye on them - and I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised by Jacoby Brissett. I forecast they wouldn't win many with him under center - but hes been a lot better than I imagined he would be, & you certainly cant put (m)any of the losses on him so far.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know exactly how you feel. Regardless of my thoughts on the Browns this year - I will always despise the Ravens for what Modell did. Watching them lose to the Jags was probably the highlight of my weekend.

BTW - although I've taken a conscious step back from the Browns this season, I've kept an eye on them - and I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised by Jacoby Brissett. I forecast they wouldn't win many with him under center - but hes been a lot better than I imagined he would be, & you certainly cant put (m)any of the losses on him so far.
Totally understand how you feel about taking a step back, and yeah, Brissett has been ok, better than ok if you compare him against some of the other QBs the Browns have had since the rebirth. And although I've complained about the Browns defeats I think on balance I'd prefer a losing season with him than a winning one with the Sex Pest.

The Browns winning the Superbowl with Watson would be a bit like England winning the Qatar World Cup - I'd be pleased but would always feel that the win was tainted. Fortunately neither are very likely!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well a pretty entertaining weekend all round with some absolutely astounding finishes, of which the Commanders defeating the very tricky Falcons was one.

I did however also revel in the joy that was the Jags win over the Ravens, Trevor Lawrence finally coming age, what an incredible end to the game for him. Watching a young QB take control of a game like that was thrilling to see, I really hope he can push on from here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here