Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* Official Match Thread: Switzerland vs England *

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Good play from Johnson, big fan of him I am.

images

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good to see Johnson on as I am not an admirer of Walcott so his injury is not a loss to England and I dont care about how it affects Whinger and Arsenhole..

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
although we have only played Bulgaria and the swiss, I see no need for JT or ferdinand to come back straight in!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
although we have only played Bulgaria and the swiss, I see no need for JT or ferdinand to come back straight in!

I think the bonus is seeing Gerrard perform as he does at club level and hopefully Cappello will not recall Fat Frank at the slightest excuse.

These are my worries with England at the moment. There's no doubt we've looked very good (albeit against average opposition). I just hope he doesn't put the three you've both just named straight back into the squad.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
We wont win the euros so we need to get the youngsters and in develop them at international level, the new squad playing now look good. Just drop the likes of JT and ferdinand....not been missed ....FACT!

"Build for Brazil!"

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems as if the most likely way to win is to have fit and relatively fresh players who are willing to listen to Capello to close oppositions down and take opportunities when you can make them. If the gargantuan egos of Terry and Ferdinand are lightly pierced, then they should still be the back line for now.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
England look a lot better without Lampard. Lets hope he doesn't walk straight back into the side unless Gerrard isn't fit.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think tonight has been one of Lampard's most influential performances for England in recent years

:lolol: the missing players are all early thirties or getting close, these youngsters are or have done well so bench the "senior players" until needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here