Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* Official Match Thread: Switzerland vs England *

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think Rooney was exceptional in the circumstances.......................pretty average otherwise but he had a fabulous game on Friday

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Keep Lampard and Terry out of the team?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never going to happen

Agreed. However, we have slotted together more as a team in the last couple of games (allbeit against poorer opposition).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Terry will come back in but not sure Lampard will now to be honest. Lampard will also be 33 by the Euros so I think it is time for the new blood.

Gerrard definitely plays better without Lamps. In his correct position.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Keep Lampard and Terry out of the team?

I missed tonights game, but on Friday's evidence I'd have Terry and/or Ferdinand back like a shot. Jagielka was quality but the Cahill and Dawson were unconvincing. How did Lescott play?

Lampard's absence means Gerrard plays in his best position. I've always thought that Lampard drifts into games like David Platt used to. He just doesn't seem to have enough prescence over 90 minutes but could be invaluable off the bench if we need a goal.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone know if the highlights are on for those of us without sky? Or am I out of luck - don't see it anywhere...

Doesn't seem so, shame.

We never really know the ins and outs of these deals. The Swiss FA would hold the rights and sell on to who they choose as you probably now.

I think it's usually up to whoever bought them (Sky) whether they to sell them on as highlights although I presume the Swiss FA can sell on the highlight rights independently as well.

It's a shame that FIFA don't make terrestrial highlights mandatory, like they sort of do with the World Cup.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Last nights post match interviews etc

Was it just me, or were the England after match interviews, summing ups etc some of the most inept, cringe-worthy ever, even for Sky. I quite like listening to Jamie Redknapp to be fair, but Keys, is a complete duffer, continually harping on about why we did so bad in the World Cup, move on man, its been covered enough already. The interviews of Capello and Gerrard were more about Rooney than anything it seemed. Just wish they would leave that crap to the tabloids and stick to the darned game. and as for Alan Smith, on a par with bloody Townsend.
Here endeth the rant

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought Jags and Lescott played well together last night (as they should do having been team mates at Everton), but it was only Switzerland. Terry and Ferdinand still first choice for me.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I thought Jags and Lescott played well together last night (as they should do having been team mates at Everton), but it was only Switzerland. Terry and Ferdinand still first choice for me.

True, but they did beat Spain in the World Cup.

And their home record in recent years has been really really good. Its a great result if you ask me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A teriffic performance from England, accomplished and professional, some of our one touch football in the first half especially was a joy to watch and we were carving through a decent Switzerland side at will.

The Rock Point was bouncing, good to see the fans back on side and fully behind the team.

I hope Capello sticks with a similar side going forward, no-one really deserves to be dropped and JT and Lamps should have to fight for the place back in the side which I am sure over time they inevitably will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here