Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread : Slovenia vs England : 3pm : BBC 1 ***

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe people are putting a negative spin on this. On talksport loads of people wre phoneing in and complaining.

I agree we won't win the world cup on that performance but compared to what we've seen so far it was a much needed step in the right direction. Some of the passing and movement what I'd expect from a top team and we finally managed to keep the ball and there were a few good individual performances from milner, gerrard, terry and defoe.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Capello has a remarkable success story, but this is with Latin teams. I don't think he is suited to the English players. His 4-4-2 formation is ultra-rigid. 4-4-2 is the most effective formation, but with Gerrard being so horribly right-footed, I think the team is crying out for 4-3-3.

We had so much possession it bodes well if we go into the lead. The Germans had the same nervous start against Ghana.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we out played them easily and the resorted to long shots and had no ambition at all.

Bit like Greece last night.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many pubs had to close after watching the football?

Fights breaking out and excess alcohol. I do not if I believe the verbatim reports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here