Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Match Thread ****Crystal Palace -V- Brighton and Hove Albion****

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
But that's the point, the MANAGER keeps picking him. It's not Barnes's fault his crap....One chance in 45mins in a derby game. Ok, the Dunk red card has not helped but that's poor and it's always the same old story in the big games...Poyet is so scared of losing games that he does not pick the team to win a game. West Ham last season springs to mind...He will go for it in the last 20 mins and hopefully we can snatch a draw....It's the sort of game now where you need a big man up front, as an outball to relive some pressure. But we only play one way, the Poyet way.

Surely that's why we have been looking for a target man but as we haven't been able to get one that is why we are not playing those tactics?

Personally I think we have done ok for a 10 man derby game away from home. We just need to break with more speed and precision and take any chance that comes our way, otherwise its going to be a long 2nd half.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Having look again, I'm not sure that Dunks red card was even a foul.

having just seen it again, it's a terrible first touch from him. Not that that's a red card offence.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looked a foul and a red on the live stream. If he dived he shouldn't have as he had a clear shot, but that is what he is all about, tricks and not beating the final man and then taking a dive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the performance was admirable considering we were a man down for 40 minutes. I think you should be ashamed for such a crap & negative comment.

Dodgy decision by the ref , it looked like Dunk got his foot to the ball and Bolasie fell over the outstretched leg. Would it have been given at the other end if it was a Palace defender doing the same ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
how's the atmosphere there?

It sounds good lol..I must have been to Selhurst Park a dozen times. Last time I went there on a Saturday we were still ketteled at Norwood Junction at 7pm and got home later than a trip to Manchester area. Wasn't going to spend £100 on a day out for that experience again, not this close to Xmas and at this moment in time I think I made the right decision...I was quite jealous of the people that went today, until I heard the team.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I thought the performance was admirable considering we were a man down for 40 minutes. I think you should be ashamed for such a crap & negative comment.

Oh ok then yes...lets cheers on that first half like fcking idiots....sorry yes what a brilliant performance...lets give te ball away needlessly and hoof the ball up the pitch constantly to our massive target men.

10 men or 11 is irrelevant as ive seen teams with 9 men play with more pasaion...it's a pathetic performance and if you don't like my opinion then I couldn't give a toss.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
2 - 1 Albion

:jester:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I didn't think I'd see much today more miserable than being 1 down to Palace with 10 men at half time, but a quick read of this thread has proven me wrong.

and it would be my luck if ever I could afford a ST this dire load of bastards would all be sitting around me

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Poor first half. Free header at a corner which not even sure should have been given.

The officials thought Kuszczak got a hand to it but may have come off a Palace head.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We need to wind a few of their players up and hope they get sent off to bring it back to ten vs ten. Even then though we have a shocking team line up now due to injuries and sendings off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here