Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official! iPhone not the best phone on the market

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
just an updated iPhone 4?

An update on the best-selling phone ever? Yep, that's what millions of people want, and why there will be queues outside stores on Friday morning.

I assume Android phone users do the same? No? Oh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
An update on the best-selling phone ever? Yep, that's what millions of people want, and why there will be queues outside stores on Friday morning.

Apple users and Android users are not sharing the same psychological profile. Apple fans have been likened to a fervent religious group. That's fine, its a free country. I personally love Android due to its almost limitless adaptability buy others love apple because of the perception of value and because its a very good and straightforward smartphone. I don't really get the rivalry.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

There's nothing to be proud of queuing up at silly 'o'clock for a phone that now has voice recognition software (finally)!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I love Android, I got my first smartphone (Desire) and my mate has had iPhone from the start. I much prefer the interface on my HTC, I much prefer getting Angry Birds etc for free, I much prefer the level of FREE customisation I can get on my Android.

Plus I'll never side with Apple as a company, I think they're a disgusting group of people who play dirty.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

I've already told you once today the iPhone is NOT the best-selling phone ever. It's not even close

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have both an iPhone and a samsung Galaxy, both In regular use Without a shadow of doubt I prefer using the iPhone for everything. The battery life is terrible on the Samsung, but at less I can replace it when I find a suitable supplier of a higher power one, also i can plug in a micro SD card which is helpful. The OS is far nicer and smoother on the apple, the apps are better developed in my experience. As for customising etc, I really don't find there is anything on either that I would rather have on the other. I have yet to find an occasion where I wanted Flash on my iPhone, and not forgetting of course that Flash doesn't work on some android phones either.

So I think it is generally one of choice, I have a valid reason to run both types, but if you are after a smartphone, make your choice based on the one you feel comfortable with, they all do pretty much the same thing.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do iphones still not work properly with left handed people? I remember there being an issue that when held in the left hand, the signal was blocked, or at least reduced because of where the receiver is/was.

I have the original Iphones and use it left handed, never been a problem for me, didn't know it was reported to be a problem.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Got an s2 but I am past these pointless arguments. Yes I believe it's the best phone on the market- for me- but can appreciate why iphones are preferred by others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here