Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official GTA San Andreas thread

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Safeway said:
Can anyone tell me where I can still get games for my Sega Master System. That's the dog's bollocks.

If you're serious I might have some in the loft somewhere.

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
beorhthelm said:
:dunce:

then again why are you driving your 21 yr old son round to find a game? Tell im to get on his bike.

Now that's the same thought I had which is why he got told to get the bus home from woolies.

False pretences is the answer, he said he had something heavy that he could not bring home on the bus.

When the shop did not have what he wanted (homebase) he popped next door to get a copy of this game from PC World or whatever, they were sold out then it was well you might as well go via here... there.... everysodding where on the way home!

Kev the Ape

this game is massive. i love taking out the Russians for 60th time today on the mission called just business. And whats up GANGSTER quality by og loc. :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not out on the PC = not going to use it

Its galling enough having to boot Windows to play a recent game when I have three perfectly good OS's running on the three screens surrounding me (BeOS, FreeBSD and Debian, although its debatable over being good...). I'm not going to spend another 200 quid on hardware to play games that cost more than PC ones and that can't be played on the move.

That said, CM3 era games work very, very well in WINE on my FreeBSD laptop, so playing 01/02 without Windows is doable.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
The only problem so far is that it's a little too big to start off with, makes it tricky to find your way around.

Other than that, :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
MYOB said:

Its galling enough having to boot Windows to play a recent game when I have three perfectly good OS's running on the three screens surrounding me (BeOS, FreeBSD and Debian, although its debatable over being good...). I'm not going to spend another 200 quid on hardware to play games that cost more than PC ones and that can't be played on the move.

That said, CM3 era games work very, very well in WINE on my FreeBSD laptop, so playing 01/02 without Windows is doable.

*** NSC GOLD ***

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
MYOB said:

Ya know, I think people might have *just* got the message on your O/S preferences by now...

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I did like the dig at the makers of Driver 3, in the mission where you steal Madd Dogg's lyrics he is playing a computer game and cursing Tanner.

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'm the PIMP Daddy! Got a full Pimping rating. Now the ho's pay ME for some lovin'!

I love all the little secondary games. Basketball, playing pool, low rider competition, the dancing contest, gambling, i've still only done about 3% of the game.

I've spent more time breaking into peoples houses than I have done on the missions.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MYOB said:

f***ing hell MYOB. Why do all your posts have to have an OS debate wrapped up in them?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Scarface said:
How do you get to be a pimp daddy?! :eek: Where do you play pool?

There's a white 50's style convertible parked behind a car-wash near downtown Los Santos. You get in it and start the pimp missions. You have to drive a couple of ladies of the night around town, collecting cash off customers and giving people who don't pay a beating.

You can play pool in the bars. There's a bar just up from CJ's house. You gamble some money on the result and play against the computer. The CPU character wasn't very good when I played against him but he probably gets better over time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I reckon MYOB just googles for Geek Spiel and then pastes it into NSC to make himself look HARD or something!

anyway I agree with his first line:

Should be good when it finally does happen...next summer!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Wozza said:
Apparently there's very little difference other than the online support.

Will have to setup an NSC online league if enough people get it.

Rest assured, I'll have it when it's out on Xbox. As for San Andreas, I quite like it, although it's difficult to understand a lot of what is said.

It's the little things like being able to climb walls and jump fences which have improved it no end.

XBOX LIVE: Barnet

Last edited:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
There's a white 50's style convertible parked behind a car-wash near downtown Los Santos. You get in it and start the pimp missions. You have to drive a couple of ladies of the night around town, collecting cash off customers and giving people who don't pay a beating.

You can play pool in the bars. There's a bar just up from CJ's house. You gamble some money on the result and play against the computer. The CPU character wasn't very good when I played against him but he probably gets better over time.
Did you find that yourself or did you buy the guide???! ??? :)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
GREAT game

had it since last wednesday *cough,cough*

is currently helping me through the NSC-less days/nights

(should be back soon promise) :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here