33.6 KB · Views: 391

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Bloody hell!
According to the Project Team, the crane to lift the arch will arrive on 50 (fifty) lorries. I thought that whacking great red one was going to do it. Or have I misunderstood something?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bloody hell!
According to the Project Team, the crane to lift the arch will arrive on 50 (fifty) lorries. I thought that whacking great red one was going to do it. Or have I misunderstood something?

I would guess that is just the base bit of the crane, the 50 lorries will be carrying all of the attachments which add to it so it will evertually look like one in the photos posted the other day.

I think its going to be MASSIVE

EDIT: Like this one

EnsusatWiltonCC28002008.jpg

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
any chance of pics of the arches going up NJ?:angel:

plus is the concreting finished under the east stand, cant see from the webcam.

any chance of pics of the arches going up NJ?:angel:

plus is the concreting finished under the east stand, cant see from the webcam.

The arches wont be 'going up' for a few weeks yet. They will be assembled in 3 separate sections on the pitch area first.

Concreting under the East Stand isn't finished yet, I'll get a picture of the progress to date and post it tomorrow

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Eastbourne Gull asked the following question to the Project Team:

Just wondering, what is the purpose of the new framework/scaffolding surrounding the SE thrust block?

And got the following answer:

It's to build the dog's head which is the bit where the arch meets the thrust block.

Can I put in an advance 'post' order to say:

I think the Dogs Head is the Dogs Bollocks!

Ta :thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The crain is HUGE walked past this morning on way to uni and f**k me it dominates the area! LOVE IT!! Don't think they could have got a bigger one! :yahoo:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The crain is HUGE walked past this morning on way to uni and f**k me it dominates the area! LOVE IT!! Don't think they could have got a bigger one! :yahoo:

I like the way in the 10:30 picture this morning it appears to be giving the villagers a giant two fingered salute.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I like the way in the 10:30 picture this morning it appears to be giving the villagers a giant two fingered salute.

But what's it actually doing? And now the the Jack Straw Arch End is on the move. Too much excitement for one day. Webcam whingers please note - we're getting a fine view of the action!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here