Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wonder if other clubs' fans got as enthused when their new grounds were being built? I'd imagine Swansea fans did because they were on the verge of disaster (like ourselves) not that long ago. Remember that kid on the phone-in?

It seems as though most on NSC are enjoying every new thing happening (Phallarse excepted :D), no matter how insignificant it might be. Hardly surprising really is it? After 12 years and counting of being homeless...

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Precast concrete terracing bit going into place now. What do you think the 5 concrete bits next to the crane are? They might be the wall separating the stand from the pitch. Like to see those start to go into place today. Refresh every 15 minutes - my home-based business is going to the dogs.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The New noo noo is a cute and saucy little MINX, easily the pin-up of all the Tonka trucks that are at work there: the green truck that - oh so seductively, the HARLOT - carries lengthy bits of steel around.

So named (by me, sadly) after the similar nasally well-endowed hoover-esque device in the Tellytubbies.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So it looks like they are laying pre-cast concrete straight onto the ground for the terracing. Aren't you supposed to put footings down first.

....by the way, I have no idea what I am talking about :hammer:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I kinda feel sorry for all of the guys working on site-if they so much as look like they're goofing off they've got 3-400 foremen watching them every minute of their day and saying: "Oi, get back to work you lazy git".

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Do we know how far back behind the stand entrances the seats will be going?

Also just been sitting here trying to picture the size of that stand! :ascarf:

It looks like six rows?

I reckon with only 5000 seats it will feel pretty spacious, plenty of room for the MKDon style seats everyone seemed to be hoping for!

Yoda

English & European
So it looks like they are laying pre-cast concrete straight onto the ground for the terracing. Aren't you supposed to put footings down first.

....by the way, I have no idea what I am talking about :hammer:

Pre cast concrete straight onto the steal work of the stand. Lower part of the stand concrete is poured onto moulded and set on to the chalk base. Looks like they are just doing a first layer for now before setting the terracing on it. I'm sure Natterjack will correct me if I'm wrong though.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
:flameboun:flameboun

are the seats going on the steel as well as the concrete/chalk right?

Attachments

• terraces.jpg
    terraces.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 220

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
what is the zig zagged shape piece in the pile with the other bits of concrete?

The 5 ziz-zag bits would suggest it is an end wall of some description which plonks down nicely on the bits they're bolting to the steel right now...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here