Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Gayness about the webcam:

1 - I use an auto-refresh util in Firefox but for some reason it does'nt work with the webcam page, cant figure out why.
It's because the whole thing is a complete flash file.

2 - I tried using a Desktop Screensaver Webcam program but it needs to link to a direct image as just pasting in the URL does not work....gayness!
It's because the whole thing is a complete flash file. These images are sitting somewhere on the server, but since you cannot save the image anymore you cant see what the filename is and guess where the images might be sitting. You could then probably see a pattern emerging in the filenames.

3 - As per #1 the actual webcam does not refresh so you have to do it manually everytime....annoying! (anyone found a way around this?)
Again dont think this is possible since its a flash file, unless like you say someone has a work around to all of the above.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Could the New Noo Noo go into the stadium museum as a centrepiece?

I, for one, would miss her otherwise.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gayness about the webcam:

1 - I use an auto-refresh util in Firefox but for some reason it does'nt work with the webcam page, cant figure out why.
It's because the whole thing is a complete flash file.

2 - I tried using a Desktop Screensaver Webcam program but it needs to link to a direct image as just pasting in the URL does not work....gayness!
It's because the whole thing is a complete flash file. These images are sitting somewhere on the server, but since you cannot save the image anymore you cant see what the filename is and guess where the images might be sitting. You could then probably see a pattern emerging in the filenames.

3 - As per #1 the actual webcam does not refresh so you have to do it manually everytime....annoying! (anyone found a way around this?)
Again dont think this is possible since its a flash file, unless like you say someone has a work around to all of the above.

here is thew reply I just got, replied text in bold:

Hi, I'm viewing the Falmer Webcam for Brighton & Hove Albion FC, it is a fantastic bit of kit and the website page is very well put together, but its left me with some questions.

Glad you like it.

1 - It does'nt auto-refresh, I even use a Firefox Auto-Refresh tool but that does not work. Are there any plans or indeed a way to make the page auto-refresh without having to do it manually and click the Login button every 20minutes?

No, it deliberately doesn't auto refresh, this is a client request. We have a standard auto-refresh on/off switch, and we have been asked to not use it here.

2 - I've tried using a Desktop & Screensaver application that can house webcams from anywhere, I find this works extremely well in the background. But I cannot get it to work with the Falmer one as it asks for a direct picture link as the standard URL does not work. Is there a way of getting the direct picture link so I can use this program? (I have tried others but they all work in the same way)

Again, this would require access to the final pictures, which are at print quality, and our client doesn't want this.

3 - The Full Screen option, whilst this is great it does'nt work that well as you cant navigate away without having to come out of Full Screen. Can you add the option of making it Full Screen but leaving the Windows Taskbar intact at the bottom? This would leave the webcam Full Screen and allow you to navigate away in another browsers window or Explorer etc etc. Would make sense I think! (also if #3 could work properly then you can discard #2 above)

Well, it's either full screen or it isn't - most of our clients use this for putting a fullscreen example of Lobster Vision on big displays, etc, so having a task bar would counter the effect.

Thanks for your feedback, it's very useful.

so it seems to me the main auto-refresh is turned off because either the Buckingham Group or BHAFC have requested so....why?!?! cost? I doubt it but it could be!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I presume those big slabs of concrete that have appeared are the actual terracing steps? :ignoringsimstersbiggayofficialthread:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
my poor aching heart!!

There has been no sighting of the green love machine since 1140 :cry:

edit- hang on shes back at 1500 yay :clap: :love:

Lovely FULL FRONTAL on display now :love::love::sheep::sheep:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
For all you sad, love struck people

Attachments

• noo noo.JPG
    noo noo.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 256

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expect the club want to do their own time lapse display for publicity purposes and obviously told lobster to remove the save button as they got upset with Everest doing his own.

I still cannot set it up as a favourite on IE

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think one of the weapons of mass destruction that they couldn't find in Iraq has turned up in the form of a MISSILE launcher on the left of the picture...and it's aiming vaguely towards MY HOUSE. :angry:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I expect the club want to do their own time lapse display for publicity purposes and obviously told lobster to remove the save button as they got upset with Everest doing his own.

I still cannot set it up as a favourite on IE

ah ok.

try removing the hash after bhafc.

It works in firefox, but you have to click login every time which is a bit shit.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I really can't see the point in leaving the webcam in one position throughout the build. The aim as I understand it is for the club to be able to produce a time lapse video of the entire build.

I've just seen the Olympic Stadium time lapse thingy on the BBC News website - and it's v poor. Ours is much closer to the action but once things start going up with the South Stand, our views will be restricted. We are are already missing out on steel going up at the rear of the East Stand - as revealed by Jack Straw's brilliant pictures.

I would have thought that a once monthly adjustment of the webcam would suffice.

Do you want to see a time lapse video in 2 years time or would you like to see the best views at any given time of the build?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There's a way round everything.

If the club did a timelapse DVD at the end of it, I'd buy one anyway.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Insider said they're going to be using the time-lapse and all the graphics etc from Lobster Vision to form part of the stadium's identity, so like I said I'm sure they'll be doing a hell of a lot in that department once it's all finished. It's going to be superb.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
simple way of getting round the lack of a Save button, go to full screen mode, hit PRINTSCREEN, open up any paint program, paste into a new image and cut/crop out the actual photo and voila....done, quick & simple!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here