Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I remember someone saying to me years ago we'll get a fair few games called off for fog if the stadiums built at Falmer. Not something to worry too much about I suppose???

The magic of Falmer will just blow the fog away!

I remember being at Brighton races a few years ago when a sea mist rolled in - you could hardly see a bloody thing. Someone behind me said: "That's not mist, it's the Police firing tear gas on the Whitehawk estate!"

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
The Crane is on the Move

Just looked at the webcam and the crane started moving at 0815! Now fully erect.

My tissues are at the ready.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Pity there's no sound!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What windows?

71241.jpg

:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Drove past there this morning en route to the hospital - blimey it's going to be huge!! Nice to see people working at 8 in the morning!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It looks like its only moving stuff around at the moment, when it picks up that big bit of metal in front of the arch piece which spreads the load then the erection will be iminent.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was up there yesterday and took some pictures through the viewing window...sorry folks not got my USB cable so cannot upload.

It was great to see parts of the arch (yet again) on the support trestles or whatever they're called.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
...and straight back down again, and straight back down again...

...and straight up again, and then straight up again...

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The crane seems to have moved a bit further towards the north end. Also action today on the arch section at that end. Change of order of arch erection?

PLUS...bit of a slope being formed there as well - is this the begining of the the north stand? Natterjack - are you out there?

The crane seems to have moved a bit further towards the north end. Also action today on the arch section at that end. Change of order of arch erection?

PLUS...bit of a slope being formed there as well - is this the beginning of the the north stand? Natterjack - are you out there?

Your getting away from yourself a little. The original crane is being dismantled and taken away; the one arriving today, when assembled, will lift the arch when the adjustment works are completed (something that has been delayed due to the weather, hence the change of cranes)

North Stand works are concentrating on the last remaining (and the largest) Thrust Wall Foundation.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why the change of crane? Is the new one smaller or bigger than the original one? The caterpillar track on the lorry earlier (0915) looks mahoosive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here