Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think if you don't let the page load properly before clicking Login, it will very often fail. Wait for the page to load properly and it should work (unless it's actually down of course but if others are saying it's OK then it probably is).

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
It appears that they are sorting out the wiring for the huge screen on the south side, it looks like a long scart/hdmi lead hanging down!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Men on raised platform now fiddling with said wiring!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Get ready for some of this !!! If only we were that fortunate ...sigh

[yt]gV4N2eSKMWI[/yt]

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well thats not a John Deere mower I know that for certain!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I wonder who gets that horrible job of tuning in the telly channels. You do it all then realise you have 4 and ITV mixed up. :censored:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Are those frames for the screens - or just for advertising eg big 'American Express' logos like on the exterior? Don't seem big enough. Secondly am not convinced that would be the best position for the TV screens when there is a huge blank wall above the corners that would allow less of an olbique view.

I remember visiting the new Wembley stadium on the day when the huge screens were being tested by showing Sky News continuously live. Huge images of that rather severe looking Kay Burley were a bit disconcerting however all other work ground to halt when the rather nice lady weather and sports reporters appeared...... Better hide the TV remote or the completion schedule on The Amex might suffer!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are those frames for the screens - or just for advertising eg big 'American Express' logos like on the exterior? Don't seem big enough. Secondly am not convinced that would be the best position for the TV screens when there is a huge blank wall above the corners that would allow less of an olbique view.

Pretty sure those are the frames for the screens, positionally they are where the screens are in the plans.
Thats not a bad shout actually re putting the screens up on the corner walls though (one in the SW, one in the NE). It would certainly serve to fill the big space that will always be there, being as (presumably) the corners will always only ever be single-tier seating anyway.

Like that idea, but sadly it doesn't look like its going to happen, for whatever reason.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Like that idea, but sadly it doesn't look like its going to happen, for whatever reason.

I would imagine it's about positioning it so that as many people as possible can see each screen. Pop it in the corner, and the whole West Stand will be unable to get a decent view of it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Pretty sure those are the frames for the screens, positionally they are where the screens are in the plans.
Thats not a bad shout actually re putting the screens up on the corner walls though (one in the SW, one in the NE). It would certainly serve to fill the big space that will always be there, being as (presumably) the corners will always only ever be single-tier seating anyway.

Must admit, I've been watching the building on the webcam under the mistaken impression that's where they were going the whole time. I'm suddenly a little bit disappointed to realise that there's just going to be a massive wall there. Let's at least cover it with a flat board and paint a massive club badge on it?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I would imagine it's about positioning it so that as many people as possible can see each screen. Pop it in the corner, and the whole West Stand will be unable to get a decent view of it.

But shirley if there's one in the opposite corner, they can just look at that one - assuming they'll always both be showing the same thing...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We do have TWO screens going up though. Just a case of us looking at the one in the NE corner.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
They wont put them in the corners because they are going to fill them in with seats and spectators over the next few years. That will mean moving the screens back meaning extra costs.

Thats my thinking anyway

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They wont put them in the corners because they are going to fill them in with seats and spectators over the next few years. That will mean moving the screens back meaning extra costs.

Thats my thinking anyway

There's plenty of room above the (potential) corner seats, as we can see from the fact the screens are going up over the current seats in the north and south stands. If anything, theres a lot more space in the corners for the giant screens.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
There's plenty of room above the (potential) corner seats, as we can see from the fact the screens are going up over the current seats in the north and south stands. If anything, theres a lot more space in the corners for the giant screens.

Are they going to be hung on the wall using a bracket or are they going to be on a structure that is floor standing?? Just thinking as if its on the wall then perhaps the corner of the stadium isnt sufficient to hold such a big structure, you can see its not solid concrete like where they are going at the moment. Just trying to think as you would think the corners like you said would be the most sensible and best viewing for the majority

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
On the corners, there's no way they will be left completely blank. I'm sure the marketing dept is looking for a nice big fee for ads there or if not it'll be some form of Albion related logo or ad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here