Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Having listened to Martin Perry on SCR this morning, he said that the root zone of the pitch would contain "fibre-elastic".
The "Desso" system, which involves incorperating nylon threads as part of the grass sward which I thought may have been considered, will now not be it seems.
My latest guess is the use of "Fibresand" as the root zone.
This is basically a load of what looks like human hair mixed in to sandy soil.
It is supposed to hold the pitch together to reduce divots being taken out, increase general wear tollerance and slow down any hardening of the surface during hot dry weather, although this won't be a worry with automatic irrigation.
A top quality grass seed will be sown, (not sewn, unless there's a hole in it!), after this has been laid and levelled, after the drainage, (done I believe), under-soil heating and irrigation has been installed.
Getting really exciting now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Started to read that Jack Straw but you lost me half way through.That's way beyond me.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looking a bit miserable and stormy down Sussex way today... didn't need the West Stand anyway.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
2.15pm West stand reappears then disappears 2.30pm. Doesn't seem to be much activity there at the moment. Keep hoping to see the seats going in..........

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
2.15pm West stand reappears then disappears 2.30pm. Doesn't seem to be much activity there at the moment. Keep hoping to see the seats going in..........

You won't be seeing seats for a few weeks yet. The rails for the seats are due to be started tomorrow (now the contractor has done his site set up of containers, cabins, etc)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do they have to put all the rails in before starting the seats though? I see the rails in the North Stand (eastern end) look pretty advanced. Maybe, just maybe.....

I would have thought they will put all the rails in around the whiole stadium before fitting any seats rather than a stand at a time.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
TV camera gantry

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't know if it's been mentioned before but If you zoom in on the West Stand you can see where the directors box has been separated from the rest of the stand to keep the oiks away from them :lolol:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
is that the snobs area being built, above the tunnel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here