Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I believe one of the corners will be left vacant for emergency access (i.e. ambulance to pitch) - this appeared on NSC somewhere else. So, it they ever get filled, one corner will remain empty.

Surely they could build it like at many grounds, such as Reading, where they fill in the corner but leave ample tunnel space for ambulances etc to get through?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Surely they could build it like at many grounds, such as Reading, where they fill in the corner but leave ample tunnel space for ambulances etc to get through?

Agreed - I'm just regurgitating what I have seen posted as 'fact' elsewhere.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Picture 31.png

Thanks Everest. But still not sure what is going to happen to the bank of earth in that corner that looks like it's being prepared for something?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh, and here's a couple of the 'lift shaft'(?)

Attachments

• 15.11.10 2.jpg
    15.11.10 2.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 669
  • 15.11.10 3.jpg
    15.11.10 3.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 655

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Simply, the slope will be covered with a layer of reinforced concrete that will be installed low enough to allow it to be covered with terrace steps in the future.

Cheers Norman.
Also, is that definitely a lift being built behind the south stand?

Trench being dug in front of south stand. Is this pitch drainage system?

No. Its for the tarmac boarder that goes around the edge of the pitch area. It will have an 'Aco' drain (the grill type) at the base of the concrete wall but is nothing to do with the actual pitch drainage. That will come when the whole pitch area is cleared, the stone carpet removed and the chalk reduced to level.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
No. Its for the tarmac boarder that goes around the edge of the pitch area. It will have an 'Aco' drain (the grill type) at the base of the concrete wall but is nothing to do with the actual pitch drainage. That will come when the whole pitch area is cleared, the stone carpet removed and the chalk reduced to level.

Thanks as always NJ:thumbsup:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
The exterior concrete blocks look a bit drab at the moment, will they be rendered, just painted, or encrusted with diamonds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here