Site pics - West Stand Basement

players tunnel.jpg

home changing.jpg

home shower.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Excellent pics NJ. Thanks.

All that Tarmac-is half of Croydon working on site at the moment?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We have a home changing room.

But I bet even the Withdean ones have better facilities!

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
So do we know what is happening to the corners yet? Will the put terracing in now and seats in later or will it be left empty until they want to expand it?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So do we know what is happening to the corners yet? Will the put terracing in now and seats in later or will it be left empty until they want to expand it?

This has always perplexed me.

Construction costs are generally higher and disproportionate when a site has to be revisited. Not to mention the upheaval caused by a further period of construction once the site has been supposedly 'finished'.

It would obviously make much more sense whilst in this phase of the stadium to at least finish the terracing but I know no more than you.

Anyone have any more knowledge?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This has always perplexed me.

Construction costs are generally higher and disproportionate when a site has to be revisited. Not to mention the upheaval caused by a further period of construction once the site has been supposedly 'finished'.

It would obviously make much more sense whilst in this phase of the stadium to at least finish the terracing but I know no more than you.

Anyone have any more knowledge?

I'm no expert but planning permission was hard enough to get with the plans we submitted. I don't think it would look very good if there were terraces ready for another 8,000 seats in the plans, the antis legal team would've had a field day.

What you say would make sense financially, but by that logic so would building a 30,000 seat stadium. They supplied plans for something they thought would get planning permission, now is the time to concentrate on filling the extra 15,000 seats rather than worrying about the corners.

The club still won't publicly admit expansion is possible, there's a good reason for that.

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
I'm no expert but planning permission was hard enough to get with the plans we submitted. I don't think it would look very good if there were terraces ready for another 8,000 seats in the plans, the antis legal team would've had a field day.

What you say would make sense financially, but by that logic so would building a 30,000 seat stadium. They supplied plans for something they thought would get planning permission, now is the time to concentrate on filling the extra 15,000 seats rather than worrying about the corners.

The club still won't publicly admit expansion is possible, there's a good reason for that.

Didn't realise the club haven't publicly admitted the stadium is expandable. What I'm trying to figure out is what is going to happen to the corners, they won't be left as soil will they? ??? My experience (I used to work as an architect) when putting planning applications together is that terracing the corners and leaving them without seats wouldn't impact planning permission for a 22,500 seater stadium.

I'd expect them to be terraced and then covered with vinyl advertising :shrug:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Didn't realise the club haven't publicly admitted the stadium is expandable. What I'm trying to figure out is what is going to happen to the corners, they won't be left as soil will they? ??? My experience (I used to work as an architect) when putting planning applications together is that terracing the corners and leaving them without seats wouldn't impact planning permission for a 22,500 seater stadium.

I'd expect them to be terraced and then covered with vinyl advertising :shrug:

On the 1901 Club vid the corners seem to be filled in with giant Club Badges. I am sure they wont be left as soil.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What I'm trying to figure out is what is going to happen to the corners, they won't be left as soil will they? ???

Here's your answer
This is the SW corner.
It's starting to look much neater already

Attachments

• 15.11.10 1.jpg
    15.11.10 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 280

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I believe one of the corners will be left vacant for emergency access (i.e. ambulance to pitch) - this appeared on NSC somewhere else. So, it they ever get filled, one corner will remain empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here