Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
What a doughnut:facepalm:

Don't try and wriggle out of it by claiming you didn't mean the seats.:facepalm:

I genuinely meant the bricks- I ask because I want to pay a visit at some point in the next few weeks and im sure when the corners are being done it will be very hard to see 'inside' first hand.

Surely if I meant seats I would have added the standard prefix of 'i heard there is going to be room for expansion...is this true?'

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Apology accepted.
I should think you'll be OK for a while yet.
Don't take it as gospel, but I would have thought the roof would need to be finished first because of all the crane movements.

*Stands by to be proved wrong*

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
Thanks alot!!

Do you know what they will be filled with i.e. Will it be the same as has been for the rest of the stands (brick, and glass for the windows) or will the corners be different e.g. metal slates?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
None of those, I heard there are seats going in there.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
On the artists impression it doesn't look like blockwork.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The best view of the corner is on the promo video. It looks like it's some kind of metal grill. I'm not sure how to describe it but if you imagine window shutters like you get on the continent.

I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The best view of the corner is on the promo video. It looks like it's some kind of metal grill. I'm not sure how to describe it but if you imagine window shutters like you get on the continent.

Oh, I hope so.

Do you mean like the structure on the outside of the library complex?

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
Only just noticed, they started to clad the South stand behind the terrace yesterday. Also, when I drove passed yesterday, the second skin on the south stand roof has been started. Wont be long before we have a waterproof stadium:amex::albion2::amex:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thanks alot!!

Do you know what they will be filled with i.e. Will it be the same as has been for the rest of the stands (brick, and glass for the windows) or will the corners be different e.g. metal slates?

northwestcorner.jpg

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Would I be right in thinking that there is still some lower terracing (yes I know it's gonna be seating!) to be done in the North Stand, towards the West Stand? Any smartarse know?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Would I be right in thinking that there is still some lower terracing (yes I know it's gonna be seating!) to be done in the North Stand, towards the West Stand? Any smartarse know?

No, the width of the north terrace is complete. the west will be wider, assume not done yet due to lorry access.

Last edited:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington

Could anyone repost the link to the promo vid? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Would be good to have another look...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here