Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***OFFICIAL*** Brighton vs Reading Thread

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Yorkie said:
Did Harding struggle because Currie was so static?

I would have preferred Hart to have played there yesterday.

Why would Currie being static have an effect on Harding ? Currie right side of midfield and Harding left back ? If Currie had an effect on anyone it would have been Virgo but Virgs had one of those days where he could never find Currie with the ball.Harding and Jarrett down the left linked up quite well at times.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hands up, I forgot Harding was at left back. :shootself

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Del Boy
Eriksson OUT

Want Falmer? Like fat people want cake

kicked off. molango scored

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-08-2004 03:00 PM

Top post.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Very pleased with the performance considering the amount of players missing and rearly like molango and jarrett quality players and something we have missed for many years PROPER SKILL.:)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rearly? Is that a freudian?:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Don't think we will rock unless we get battered by injurys,so the sun will finally shine i hope.:lolol:

You there for are certainly going down:clap2: :flameboun

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I was pleased with the performance, thought we deserved a point, shame we gifted them the 3rd goal or we would have.

Roll up Plymouth - well beatable.

For those of you with a World subscription, the Reading World site has some excellent video of the post-match press conference, McGhee looking quite relaxed and cracking jokes about his former clubs. Also a superb interview with Coppell who analyses the game spot on, acknowlegding our spirit in the final 20 mins plus our midfield grit in the opening 35mins. Those were the two real positives for us on a "missed opportunity" day really. For some reason the Reading site will also have 10mins of highlights later today, will our site? Don't understand why there should be a difference.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Overall not too disapointed for coming season ... Cullip was outstanding and butters not too far behind Bubble looked good inmidfield and with chippy back to help out will look better ..Imho reid looked okay and was quite encoraged by his performance ...Jarret looked good when he did get the ball but drifted out of game too much ...Currie looks good on ball but unfit
Meheta ..looked class but again faded towards end but not suprising in that heat and the amount of ground he covered ..Jakey was good and looking forward to seeing more of him .. On the game ..i was sitting in west stand so hearing the vocal support from a distance ..it sounded great and put Reading to shame ..well done :clap: .. I think we def had a cast iron pen and their third goal ,although a mistake by harding ,was a two handed charge down which should have been handball . both arms were raised and the hand clearly went to ball .. i had a great view of this being directly in line !!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
London Irish said:
Don't understand why there should be a difference.

If it doesn't appear you can be damn sure it will be the fault of PTV, FL, Prosser, Archer or the falmer nimbys.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
My overriding impression of the game - and, of course, I was there - was that we gave Reading far too much space. We did not close down the opposition as effectively as we do normally. Reading's outside-right, especially in the first half, was crossing the ball at will. Reading gave us a lot of room; but that was to be expected as they play a more expansive game than we do. Away from home, our policy should be to contain the opposition and hit them on the break. Two seasons ago, we produced some heroic rearguard actions that were akin to the defence of Rorke's Drift. The victories at Norwich and Reading, and the stirring draw at Ipswich, spring to mind. At home, of course, we are a match for anyone.
In terms of the players, Harding could do with a rest. Mayo should get a run in the side. Jones should play instead of Jarrett. Jake Robinson reminds me of Michael Owen: he has the same build, the same close control, and the same ability to finish clinically. Possibly, Robinson is too small to form an ideal partnership with Leon Knight; but he should be in the squad for every game. In my opinion, Paul Reid was our best player, on the day, at Reading.
Finally, I seem to be alone in thinking that it was Currie's error, not Harding's, that led to Reading's third goal. He was attacking down the right, stood on the ball, literally, lost it, and, before he knew what had happened, the ball was in our net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here