Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

My thoughts are only that i would of preferred Amex but it does not really matter, and i wonder now it has all been officially announced, Mr Poyet will be given a bigger budget on the back of it, we have not been told how much the deal is worth but my understanding is that it is a £20 million 5 year deal

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In today's Argus.

Everyone will call it the Amex anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently the Argus were the ones who discovered the domain name had been registered last month :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it has been a not very well kept secret that Amex would be on the short list as a stadium sponsor. Is Amex involved in any other sport though? Golf maybe?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think they sponsor Golf in the USA

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sounds a good thing. Now we can get on with coming up with a fans name for it...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My thoughts are only that i would of preferred Amex but it does not really matter, and i wonder now it has all been officially announced, Mr Poyet will be given a bigger budget on the back of it, we have not been told how much the deal is worth but my understanding is that it is a £20 million 5 year deal

Sorry i cannot see it being 20 million.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Very pleased. World known brand name associated with the club can only be good news.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It could have been an awful lot worse, and at least they have an association with the City. Shame fat boy spent all his money on alcohol as that would have been the best name ever for a stadium.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Perfect for the Club and that's what is most important. High profile company with massive global commercial reach which can only benefit the club.

The community aspect should not be underestimated either.

Now for shirt sponsorship!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apparently the Argus were the ones who discovered the domain name had been registered last month :rolleyes:

aye, i hope people correct them in the comments section.

as a side thought, thats a pretty significant commitment to being in the area as well.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nice high profile sponsors, pleased with that.

That's probably what the advertising board is that went up in front of the east stand yesterday.

And now the webcam page is not loading. *

* forget that, it's back now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Seriously, that's a great sponsor for a little club like us.

When you think of some of the awful company names we could have got no one can really complain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here