Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Office Buzzwords

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
A friend of a friend decided to have a bit of fun and invent a new one to see how long before others started using it. It was less than a week before 'we need to round this balloon' was being used by more than a few. :lolol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My company uses these ridiculous 'buzz words' to the extreme that you need a dictionary devoted just to this crap to be able to understand what the f*** the twats are talking about. But by far the most annoying and insulting one that my BUL (Business Unit Leader !) uses if you just happen to disagree with the crap he's spouting is "take your victim glasses off", I swear I'm going to deck him one day if he says it to me followed by "well take your rose tinted gasses off and stitch that, twat!"

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

A friend of a friend decided to have a bit of fun and invent a new one to see how long before others started using it. It was less than a week before 'we need to round this balloon' was being used by more than a few. :lolol:

I was particularly proud of "lassoing the kangaroo" which I dreamt up one lunchtime and heard repeated about a fortnight later.

Feel free to use it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We are all heading through the Quality Gateway.

We also have the Hotdesk village, and we've had hubs & spokes.

There's also a Warm handover team (WHOT) and, in case we have trouble keeping up with all these there's a Clarity of writing (COW) to help us.

No longer do we put staff suggestions ina box. Oh no, they go to the Angels & Dragons team.

Well, that's what you get when you take on American consultants!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No longer do we put staff suggestions ina box. Oh no, they go to the Angels & Dragons team.

Angels and Dragons? How does that work?

Angels for good ideas and Dragons for bad?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
:lolol: you love this stuff Titanic...

It's amazing just how long some people take to catch on. This stuff is not new... it's been around at least 10 years.

Ref: 'Jack Welch and the G.E. Way: Management Insights and Leadership Secrets of the Legendary CEO' by Robert Slater, ISBN: 0070581045, Publisher: The McGraw-Hill Companies, September 1998.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Try and legitimately use 'Spanking the monkey'

"We've got to just keep on spanking the monkey until we hit our targets"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
STARTER MARRIAGE A short-lived first marriage that ends in divorce with no kids, no property and no regrets.

not sure if this is really funny or really sad that it occurs so much to have a buzzword?

PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE The fine art of whacking the heck out of an electronic device to get it to work again. (Try not to dent the case.)

before the days of "switch it on and off" this was the number one maintenence tool. I have resurrected many TV, monitor and HiFi with a strategically placed hit. not known to work on LCD monitors though. :lolol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
We also have to get as high as we can on the 'Mood Elevator' before ascending the 'Ladder of Accountability' where we hope to find all our 'Ducks flying in a row' so we are all 'Singing from the same songsheet'.

:thud:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Anyone else hate the number of American buzzwords coming into the work place?

My particular hate is "Heads Up". Quite often when you advise a colleague of a forthcoming event you get the reply "Thanks for the Heads up!"

THANKS FOR THE WHAT?

I also dislike the "Bigger Picture" and "thinking outside of the box"

Heads Up was being used when I was in the RN back in the early eighties, so was around before the buzz word madness really got going.

Personally I really dislike 'leveraging our core competances' and the excessive use of the word 'utilise':mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here