Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Office Buzzwords

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"I wanted to touch base with you" and I do get annoyed hearing "Not being rude but..." and those people who when you ring them they say "Good morning, it is still morning isn't it ?" suggesting that they are so busy, when you know for a fact they are not

Haha, quality, my boss told me to do that the other day, saying it was a "brilliant sales technique, creating an instant rapport". Needless to say, I ignored him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
PRAIRIE DOGGING When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.

:laugh:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
"The airport's in sight and the landing gear is down"

Or in a meeting the other day the boss was on about the worlds largest oil tanker and it's massive rudder, and the fact it's all controlled by the trim-plane. What utter waffle that was!!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Working in a university, I regularly hear middle managers and 'suits' using phrases like:

'raise our game', 'be more ambitious', 'only show in town', 'be more pro-active' and 'aim to be world class'. .

Also, we don't teach anymore; we 'deliver lectures' which 'facilitate students' learning experience'

And when students pass a course (sorry, Module), they 'achieve a learning outcome'.

It's all complete and utter bollocks.

:rant::bla::tosser::rant::bla::tosser::rant::bla:::tosser:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I like that NatWest advert with the buzz word manager, his lackey and "Kev" the young recruit

We have a phrase in our industry:

managing the Leverage.

My favourite is " re-alligning customer expectations"....or "you thought you were getting x but actually you are getting y"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just been asked ‘to get this straw man right’

Does anyone have any idea what they are talking about?

Thanks

Does this help?

1.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Better to have them inside the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in

Easy - don't employ little f***ers who aren't toilet trained :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here