Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

offer from brighton uni

1066gull

:D

By the way, I have a one day taster day at Sussex later in July. So I'll be there.:wave:

E

enigma

fatboy said:
To be fair, the whole point of University is to further your education.

Sussex is a good Uni. There are not many cities better than Brighton & Hove.

Getting a degree from a good Uni will stand you in much better stead in later life.

Yeah, that is the main point. Im not advocating going to a shit uni just for the experience of a good city.

Sussex isnt bad. Its not amazing but its not bad. Its good for certain things, thought I couldnt tell you which courses. For my course it was average as I remember.

Brighton is a cool place but places like Birmingham have got a lot to offer.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gun crime and curry.

I'm probably biased as I had a great three years at Sussex and my experience of going away to Uni was not great. It's not a top Uni but it was good enough to get me a decent job that I wouldn't have got with a degree from a polytechnic.

E

enigma

fatboy said:
Gun crime and curry.

I'm probably biased as I had a great three years at Sussex and my experience of going away to Uni was not great. It's not a top Uni but it was good enough to get me a decent job that I wouldn't have got with a degree from a polytechnic.

Its good enough as a uni. My mate enjoyed his time there.

I think you're being a little harsh on Birmingham! A lot of the other cities in England are cool for students, and they're also cheap to live in. I paid just under 50 quid a week rent.

Brighton is undoubtedly a cool place to be for a student though with the nightlife etc. Oh and all the gays as well.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I had to live with a bloody gay at Uni. And he was Northern. And ginger. Poor bloke.

Other cities do offer a lot, and probably look good to those moving from places such as Bury and Guildford.

But you don't move out of Brighton and find many better cities.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Come to Aberystwyth. Plenty of pubs and errr not much else!

Doing F800 as well (Physical Geography), and am liking it so far.

By the way, I think both Brighton and Sussex guarantee anyone living in Sussex an conditional offer....so for those of you living in Sussex, don't be surprised if they offer you a place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here