Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic: Best ISP?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm with UKOnline and they SUCK, so I'm cancelling my agreement now that the year is up.

Can anyone suggest a decent ISP?

I'm looking for a 1 or 2 meg connection here in deepest darkest Burgess Hill !!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'm with NTl and they have been really good.
I wouldn't reccomend getting TV with them though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
AOL for me. I know its the ANTICHRIST to many, but I've been with them from dial-up through to broadband for about 5 or 6 years now, and never had a problem with it. I like the 'Buddies' thing as well.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
AOL for me. I know its the ANTICHRIST to many, but I've been with them from dial-up through to broadband for about 5 or 6 years now, and never had a problem with it. I like the 'Buddies' thing as well.
Exactly the same as that, thank christ i don't have your screen name Easy on my buddy list, i'd hate to be pervertedly stalked day after day...

:jester:

Last edited:

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Don't use BT... I had a problem with my phone-line at the beginning of Dec which was fixed pretty quickly, but Broadband hasn't wordked since. Despite numerous calls I have been stuck in Indian Call Centre Hell ever since... just requested they cut me off so I can go somewhere else.:censored:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I been using Pipex for a few years now.

Happy with them!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may find this site of assistance,

ADSL Guide

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trigger said:
Exactly the same as that, thank christ i don't have your screen name Easy on my buddy list, i'd hate to be pervertedly stalked day after day...

:jester:
You'd LOVE it Trigg.
I'd leave you little messages of encouragement and support. After a while, I'd work my way under your skin until you'd wonder how you ever got by without me.

Let me in Trigger. You know it makes sense.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
You'd LOVE it Trigg.
I'd leave you little messages of encouragement and support. After a while, I'd work my way under your skin until you'd wonder how you ever got by without me.

Let me in Trigger. You know it makes sense.
:lolol:

Maybe over the poker table later!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Another vote for pipex, not the cheapest but never any hassle.

A mate of mine has been warned about excessive use on his unlimited Tiscali account so I'd avoid them even though they are pretty cheap.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gaffer said:
Pipex for me. Not the cheapest ut does not let me down

It can be cheaper. You probably pay same as me Gaffer. £23.?? per month?

The Sunday Times recently recommended the Pipex's monthly deal for £15 but you are restricted to 1GB of downloads per month. Im not an internet expert but I don't think 1Gb purely relates to actual downloads. I believe that looking at actual web pages constitutes part of the 1Gb allowance.

Does any of our resident techies know what the limits are calculated on? I won't swap to a cheaper deal yet as the kids are on-line as well and I fear that I would pay more in excess charges.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Buzza said:
It can be cheaper. You probably pay same as me Gaffer. £23.?? per month?

The Sunday Times recently recommended the Pipex's monthly deal for £15 but you are restricted to 1GB of downloads per month. Im not an internet expert but I don't think 1Gb purely relates to actual downloads. I believe that looking at actual web pages constitutes part of the 1Gb allowance.

Does any of our resident techies know what the limits are calculated on? I won't swap to a cheaper deal yet as the kids are on-line as well and I fear that I would pay more in excess charges.

Downloads includes web-pages since you are downloading data to view them. Also, check to see what upload limits are or if they are included in the overall limit.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks Rangdo. I think I'll continue pay the extra for unlimited.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Freedom to Surf - 100% problem free, and just voted best isp again by Which I believe - I pay £22-50 a month Unlimited

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Been with Pipex for a couple of years, also on the £23 package. Started off at 512kb then got upgraded to 2mb when it became available. Had to use the tech support when I moved house and they were very helpful, and english which is a bonus. Definately worth getting unlimited downloads as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
PIPEX has been good for me . Great after sales to when I had problems with wireless router they talked me through setting it up, even though I didn't buy it from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here