Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic: Best ISP?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
thanks folks, looks like pipex is a safe bet!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm using BT here - yeah, when they don't own the damn lines they have to be competitive

Back in the 1990's in the UK it was Pipex - but that was a damn long time ago.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm on Telewest here (which I think is NTL for most of the rest of the country) - 4Mb broadband, phone and digital TV for £30 a month and I've never had any problem with them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You can get cable in Burgess Hill unfortunatley

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
of course I meant, you can't get cable in BH !!

Although I have heard 8meg broadband is due in March

Whey!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I migrated from BTYahoo to Waitrose. They too have an Indian call centre but it works fine. Only Tiscali are cheaper and when they switched mt from BT I had no loss of broadband service.

AOL I wouldn't touch with a sterilised bargepole as they're expensive and slow and that front end of theirs is a right pain.

NTL users fall into two camps. You either love them or loath them, I'm with the latter. I had NTL for THREE DAYS nine months ago and cancelled it as it was so poor. They are still sending me statements even now depite the fact I have contacted them about it 10 times.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:

NTL users fall into two camps. You either love them or loath them, I'm with the latter. I had NTL for THREE DAYS nine months ago and cancelled it as it was so poor. They are still sending me statements even now depite the fact I have contacted them about it 10 times.

NTL were slated on Watchdog recently.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sounds like us Burgess Hillians are quite lucky not to have cable !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here