Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off to the Amex to i/view Martin Perry about season ticket prices for 2011

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why not? These are the sort of people we need to be attracting to the Amex if we are going to sell out every Saturday.

If you're going to have empty seats you might as well fill them at £10 a pop, and possibly get some of the hooked at the same time.

I assume you are talking about students here? If not, what about the people paying £400-£600 a season?

I do think we should make an effort for students, but in form of 'longer' packages, quarter season / half season / full season at a decent price, rather than banging out stupidly cheap ticketer. At least in the first season

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it possible the club could offer a joint season ticket ? , 2 names on the account with 2 smartcards issued , one a primary cardholder and the other a nominated user. On matchdays when either of the smartcards are used to gain admittance the system can block the other card unless it is topped up (occassions when both joint STHs wanted to attend the same game.)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I assume you are talking about students here? If not, what about the people paying £400-£600 a season?

I do think we should make an effort for students, but in form of 'longer' packages, quarter season / half season / full season at a decent price, rather than banging out stupidly cheap ticketer. At least in the first season

Yup. Even in the first season we should be pushing to get the students in.

The cheap tickets when I was going to College/University was one of the main incentives for me to come and watch the Albion, and now I'm in full time work, I'm a 40 game a season Albion fan.

Get them hooked at £10 a match (or less), and who knows we could have hundreds of extra Albion fans in the long run.

I don't tend to agree with the packages though. Having been a student myself, there's no way I would have commited myself to 5/10/15 games.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I demand student ST's! I don't care that I'm a part qualified Chartered Accountant, I still qualify as a student. Yesssss! :joker:
In all seriousness I'm at college as I type this....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd say 150 quid for 23 games of football and priority for aways and cups is more than enough. U21 tickets are amazing value! :thumbsup:

ah but you make the assumption that all students are under 21 :thumbsup:

( again by next season I won't be a student either so it doesn't affect me but surely a student ticket should cover mature students too)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Well there is 'Come watch the Albion' leaflets at the Brighton uni falmer campus now, obviously could do more but not even that last year.:albion1:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If students can't pay full price it should be like the fear-ter. Cheap crap seats or half price on whatever's left on the day.

There are no crap seats at the Amex (apart from the south stand)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I prefer the Ken Bates approach to cheap tickets for students 'if you can't afford to go then get a f***ing job'.

Not often I find myself in agreement but :thumbsup::lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If students can't pay full price it should be like the fear-ter. Cheap crap seats or half price on whatever's left on the day.

Totally agree.
Same for kids really if they are paying a quid or whatever like they are at the moment.

Well there is 'Come watch the Albion' leaflets at the Brighton uni falmer campus now, obviously could do more but not even that last year.:albion1:

Blimey - that's the first time I've seen them acknowledge that there's people at the Uni who would want to go.

All the while we've had empty seats at Withdean since the end of the McGhee term, the lack of marketing has been pretty disgraceful. Missing out on the potential of students has been a mistake in my opinion.

On the plus side, the club have probably made up for it with the kids scheme!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I guess the obvious thing is:

Priorities for season ticket sales? Long term Withdean STH's, this season Withdean STH's, Previous Withdean STH's, Current Blue members, everyone ? Would be very interested in this as I have had a number of season tickets at Withdean at previous seasons, but could not this season, so while I don't expect to be anywhere near the top of the pile, I'd like to think I am not going to be lumped in a pile with JCL's ;-)

As someone in this category as well I too want to know if we get an opportunity to get an early application in. Obviously 22,000 - 8,000 leaves around 14,000 empty seats to fill, so presumably the club must be looking to their ticket database to approach fans who have previously purchased tickets ( e.g. for the play-off final at Cardiff for instance ).

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Totally agree.Blimey - that's the first time I've seen them acknowledge that there's people at the Uni who would want to go.

All the while we've had empty seats at Withdean since the end of the McGhee term, the lack of marketing has been pretty disgraceful. Missing out on the potential of students has been a mistake in my opinion.

On the plus side, the club have probably made up for it with the kids scheme!

I've said this before on NSC, but here goes.

I went to a Uni that also has a football stadium slap bang in the middle of Campus (Wolverhampton). During freshers' week Wolves offered £10 tickets for all students with Uni ID's. The only condition was that you had to fill out a form so they had your marketing details. The tickets were to a match that would never have sold out, but was a league game that Wolves expected to win.

After the game, every student that went got a mailshot saying 'wasn't it a good game' etc, and officering them a replica home shirt for £20. I thought it was quite a good idea, as quite a few students continued to go to games afterwards and adopted Wolves as a second team for the three years.

I understand why a similar scheme would not have worked at Withdean, but it may be worth the club giving it a try at the Amex if there are some empty seats.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Am I too late to say can he promise that Atilla WILL NOT be in charge of the music at Falmer.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If the sound quality is good enough, can we not entice Fatboy for the occasional match music??

Talking of Fatboy, did anyone see Rude Tube on the box last night?
Had a bit of FS's video of "Bushes" on it

[yt]kc2_q0CYNfk[/yt]

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
O great let the long term albion supporters pay 400-500 quid and give outsider students cheap tickets:shrug:

Fu$k the students:mad:
Last thing you need is an infest of geeks at the amex???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here