Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off to the Amex to i/view Martin Perry about season ticket prices for 2011

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I guess the obvious thing is:

Priorities for season ticket sales? Long term Withdean STH's, this season Withdean STH's, Previous Withdean STH's, Current Blue members, everyone ? Would be very interested in this as I have had a number of season tickets at Withdean at previous seasons, but could not this season, so while I don't expect to be anywhere near the top of the pile, I'd like to think I am not going to be lumped in a pile with JCL's ;-)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surely the place isn't safe yet for such things, it's a building site.

The seats aren't actually in yet, so how would you be able to choose youe seat anyway?

The tours for STHs to choose their seats has always been promised, why do you assume it's not going to happen, when there are still several months to go before the stadium opens.
They did call them hard hat tours!
They've done the 1901 tours haven't they? You wouldn't need the seats in to get the general idea of what each part of the ground is going to be like.
I say I think not just because it's gone very quiet on that, if they are still happenging then all well and good - and we'll know if the question gets asked. :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Steve - Lots of people I know share season tickets (eg two people have a half share, and alternate matches). How is this going to work with smartcard entry? Is the club going to facilitate this (by making it easy for the named STH to transfer the 'match ticket' to their friend's membership/smartcard), or is it going to pretend this doesn't happen, and bounce people into either being a full STH or not at all?

I'd appreciate it if you'd push MP on this. This is a real issue for many, especially those with childcare commitments and/or who live away from B&H, but who have a real commitment to the club.

I'm in this bracket currently because the seats are so restricted in the withdean, I can't get back into the old area I used to be in. So share with someone who is in there but can't get to all games so we can still sit with our other mates.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Actually another one, will we be adopting a system like many stadiums have, one example is the Ajax ArenA, where you get a general 'view' of your seat when buying it?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I guess the obvious thing is:

Priorities for season ticket sales? Long term Withdean STH's, this season Withdean STH's, Previous Withdean STH's, Current Blue members, everyone ? Would be very interested in this as I have had a number of season tickets at Withdean at previous seasons, but could not this season, so while I don't expect to be anywhere near the top of the pile, I'd like to think I am not going to be lumped in a pile with JCL's ;-)

I'm one of these, 8 out of last 11 season, 10 if you count Gillingham seasons and I'm a half STH this year (but it's not in my name!). So ask MP if I can go first in such a queue. I was at Hereford and everything you know. I'm confident of getting a ST @ Falmer, because I know I'll do everything to ensure I'm a head of any of the Johnnys who simply aren't prepared to take a day off work etc if that's what's called for to ensure I'm front of such a queue. But I just want to be sure I'll be able to get my ST with the rest of my current ST mates - that's the real problem when switching stadiums. Think it's almost impossible to manage in truth. Will take a decade or so for everyone to find their places.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just to make clear, I am aware and was always aware that by not getting a STH this year, I risked this, but it would be good to know

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They did call them hard hat tours!
They've done the 1901 tours haven't they? You wouldn't need the seats in to get the general idea of what each part of the ground is going to be like.
I say I think not just because it's gone very quiet on that, if they are still happenging then all well and good - and we'll know if the question gets asked. :)

The 1901 tours weren't tours of the stadium, (were they actually called tours?) we had a presentation in the tempory marketing suite (hut) and then a chance to view the works from the same position as the webcam.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Steve, will you be able to report after you've finished?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Students.

Thousands of students in Brighton, Hove and Sussex.
Two University's next to the ground.

Will they be targeted? We don't currently offer student prices.

I'd say 150 quid for 23 games of football and priority for aways and cups is more than enough. U21 tickets are amazing value! :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Students.

Thousands of students in Brighton, Hove and Sussex.
Two University's next to the ground.

Will they be targeted? We don't currently offer student prices.

But wouldn't a lot of Uni students be from out of town and not necessarily Albion supporters? Why offer them cheap tickets?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
But wouldn't a lot of Uni students be from out of town and not necessarily Albion supporters? Why offer them cheap tickets?

Uni's - yes. Perhaps that is an option after the first season ticket rush, as we're not likely to win longer term supporters I suppose. But they are certainly an option when it comes to filling the ground.

But Colleges - Varndean, Brighton, BHASVIC, City College, Sussex Downs - that's a pretty big catchment there. Granted, the U21 thing catches the majority, but not all of them, with there being increasingly more people who take gap years and who are considered "mature students".

Doesn't affect me, I'm not a student any more. But there's LOADS more students that would go to games if it was more affordable than it currently is.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Why not? These are the sort of people we need to be attracting to the Amex if we are going to sell out every Saturday.

If you're going to have empty seats you might as well fill them at £10 a pop, and possibly get some of the hooked at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here