Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Of course I understand that. More than you know.

Are you related to Naylor per chance? Again I’m not criticising the guy. I have given him many compliments. All I’m saying is it’s a mistake to view him as a complete source of truth for transfer rumours. See the Ben White story broken by Arsenal ITKs and Mwepu via a Salzburg ITK on Twitter and many more. If he’s given info from the club it’s info they want him to share.

Please don’t take it as a criticism of him, it’s more a heed for folk to not to take his word as gospel that’s all as some do.

I am not related to Naylor no but simply conscious of and aggravated by the Sky Sports news/talksport culture of fans digging journos for transfer scoops only to then slag them off if they say nothing or get it wrong. A previous poster pointed out the Twitter post from an Athletic journalist Liam Twomey defending Naylor when news broke on Ben White to Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/liam_twomey/status/1421129603398184964?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
There are other instances when clubs and media need to interact and I know that the club keep a close eye on what the Argus says about them. Their view is that the Argus needs them more than they need it at the moment. But a local paper can be an asset to a club in a way that a website such as The Athletic can't - campaigning, helping mobilise fans with petitions, lobby local councillors etc - and I wonder whether Owen is now regarded as more useful to the Albion than Naylor?

Is this based on any evidence or just pure speculation?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, has there been any updates / guesses / Brian Owen etc stuff on this?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You obviously need to sharpen your reading and comprehension skills GB.

Do feel free to quote your original posts on realistic striker suggestions along with price and wages you'd be prepared to pay.

*drums fingers*

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’d rather we went with what we have rather than a player who has by all accounts stopped trying for his current club as he wants out… and people are critical of Andone showing a bit of anger, frustration and passion.

The latest write up on the Celtic car crash on bbc sport says it all for me, here we have a player who thinks it’s acceptable to ‘step off’ in order to engineer a move. Utterly contemptible, unprofessional and for the prices being quoted… well, I sincerely hope we’re still operating our famed no dickheads policy. His current goal scoring record is abysmal, doubtless aided by his lack of effort and conviction.

To quote Ian Gillan: No, No, No.

I’d be genuinely saddened if we went for a player with that kind of attitude towards his contractual obligations and moreover the fans… especially blowing a considerable chunk of the Ben White cash on a player currently displaying the opposite level of professionalism we saw from Ben last season.

Don’t do it - simple.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am not related to Naylor no but simply conscious of and aggravated by the Sky Sports news/talksport culture of fans digging journos for transfer scoops only to then slag them off if they say nothing or get it wrong. A previous poster pointed out the Twitter post from an Athletic journalist Liam Twomey defending Naylor when news broke on Ben White to Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/liam_twomey/status/1421129603398184964?s=21

Well that’s all fine but that’s something I haven’t done or said. I don’t really want to have to defend any random Twitter junk. Can we stick to my posts.

I haven’t accused Naylor or any other reporter of being wrong. I’ve mainly pointed out that he and Owen don’t break the news of signings. That will be elsewhere. That’s all, and I don’t criticise them for it, that’s not their primary job they’re fine columnists, reporters and an enjoyable presence on the socials. If you still can’t comprehend my point of view let’s agree to disagree.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Well that’s all fine but that’s something I haven’t done or said. I don’t really want to have to defend any random Twitter junk. Can we stick to my posts.

I haven’t accused Naylor or any other reporter of being wrong. I’ve mainly pointed out that he and Owen don’t break the news of signings. That will be elsewhere.

Well naturally the official club media will do that and if the journos like Naylor and Owen want to stay in a job they know well enough not to trample that patch. So if you want to trust Scottish red tops instead you go for it!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When was the last time a striker successful in the SPL made it in the EPL? Don’t mean that against the SPL, it is what it is but I’m genuinely not sure :shrug:

Relying on a striker from the SPL to solve our scoring troubles seems like a recipe for disaster.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
When was the last time a striker successful in the SPL made it in the EPL? Don’t mean that against the SPL, it is what it is but I’m genuinely not sure :shrug:

Relying on a striker from the SPL to solve our scoring troubles seems like a recipe for disaster.

Strikers? How about None?!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Yes, especially when you consider the ridiculous purported fee and doubtless outlandish personal terms… I’d seriously wonder what the holy F we were thinking, drinking of smoking or we spent anywhere north of £5 million on this latest ‘answer.’

Hopefully all the this isn’t happening noise is actually fact.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well naturally the official club media will do that and if the journos like Naylor and Owen want to stay in a job they know well enough not to trample that patch. So if you want to trust Scottish red tops instead you go for it!

It’s not about trust. I really don’t understand how you get that from anything I’ve said.

Naylor and Owen do not break news on transfers. That’s my point.

Recent examples:
1) Ben White (Ornstein, Fabrizo and other Arsenal ITKs)
2) Mwepu, Salburg ITK.

How is this not clear what I’m saying?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Is this based on any evidence or just pure speculation?

I'm speculating about Naylor and Owen. But a friend who used to work for the Argus assures me that they have had some terse communications from the club when they published anything they didn't like. I believe the serialisation of Dick Knight's book wasn't well received, for example.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I think we are interested in this guy,just not at the fees mentioned.£20 M is a lot for a player in the last year of his contract.

Do not play poker with Tony Bloom.Expect a cut-price deal towards the end of the window or in January,

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I think we are interested in this guy,just not at the fees mentioned.£20 M is a lot for a player in the last year of his contract.

Do not play poker with Tony Bloom.Expect a cut-price deal towards the end of the window or in January,

Scottish Premier League mate

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I'm speculating about Naylor and Owen. But a friend who used to work for the Argus assures me that they have had some terse communications from the club when they published anything they didn't like. I believe the serialisation of Dick Knight's book wasn't well received, for example.

Well it doesn’t take an internal source to figure that one out!

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
It’s not about trust. I really don’t understand how you get that from anything I’ve said.

Naylor and Owen do not break news on transfers. That’s my point.

Recent examples:
1) Ben White (Ornstein, Fabrizo and other Arsenal ITKs)
2) Mwepu, Salburg ITK.

How is this not clear what I’m saying?

I really don’t understand anything you’ve said. No offence intended

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here