Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not sure I follow you mate! The Palace bidding war conspiracy was simply a bit of healthy fun. I think some people took my post a bit too seriously. But in all seriousness I stand by my word that Odsonne Edouard is not worth £20m right now and I’m pretty sure every man and his dog realises that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dog doesn't. Although I think he might swap his tin of Chum for us to sign him.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
F*ck me, there’s a group of about 4 or 5 posters who are genuinely making this forum nearly unreadable at the moment.

The summer transfer window has always been a bit of a dip in quality, but this is something else.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
F*ck me, there’s a group of about 4 or 5 posters who are genuinely making this forum nearly unreadable at the moment.

The summer transfer window has always been a bit of a dip in quality, but this is something else.

Blame Celtic or the Scottish media mate

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Celtic: Seismic month as issues come to head for Scottish Premiership club https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58049234

“Will Odsonne Edouard still be a Celtic player by the end of the month and, if not, how much can they get for a striker who's scored three goals in his last 14 games.

Edouard doesn't look like part of the solution to Celtic's problems right now. Worryingly for Celtic, he is not coming across as the answer to any other club's problems either. His worth is falling by the week.”

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Probably, but I thought your response was suggesting that there had ‘never’ been a ‘striker’ move from the Scottish top flight to the English top flight and be successful?

Well ‘never’ or ‘not recently’ and ‘not many’ all point to the same conclusion…

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Well ‘never’ or ‘not recently’ and ‘not many’ all point to the same conclusion…

But may be he could be the one who does, who ever we get we are going to have to take a chance our options are limited.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's one of those players that looks like he is not trying very hard...

Would I be dissapointed if we signed him... No... would I rather have Nunez.. all day long and happy to pay the 10 million extra he would cost

Its not my money though !

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He's one of those players that looks like he is not trying very hard...

Would I be dissapointed if we signed him... No... would I rather have Nunez.. all day long and happy to pay the 10 million extra he would cost

Its not my money though !

My money would be all-in on Schick irrespective of his Euro-premium.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Neither Nunez or Edouard particularly excite me but I haven't seen either play so what do I know.
If we sign one or a different striker then it's a gamble as it always is with a new player, but I have faith our recruitment department.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do feel free to quote your original posts on realistic striker suggestions along with price and wages you'd be prepared to pay.

*drums fingers*

Dear GB. As I have said repeatedly, that is our recruitment army’s job. They have obviously been a huge success in all positions except one. They, not me (and it is, frankly, stupid for you to ask me to do their job) need to find a suitable striker acquisition.

Now, I am discerning, in that you, and others, have accused me of wanting us to sign any striker. Whereas, I have repeatedly said that we need to sign a Muzza 2 (type of striker)of sufficient quality (clearly not any old crap). I have never said just sign any striker. So, again, you are talking absolute shite to suggest otherwise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dear GB. As I have said repeatedly, that is our recruitment army’s job. They have obviously been a huge success in all positions except one. They, not me (and it is, frankly, stupid for you to ask me to do their job) need to find a suitable striker acquisition.

Now, I am discerning, in that you, and others, have accused me of wanting us to sign any striker. Whereas, I have repeatedly said that we need to sign a Muzza 2 (type of striker)of sufficient quality (clearly not any old crap). I have never said just sign any striker. So, again, you are talking absolute shite to suggest otherwise.

Discerning. Adjective. "Showing good or outstanding judgement and understanding"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/discerning

So, it would be reasonable to state that anyone who had outstanding judgement and understanding would either be working for the recruitment team or at least able to put the odd suggestion their way, No? Or do you, in fact, not possess outstanding judgement and understanding and are, instead, parroting something generic.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Discerning. Adjective. "Showing good or outstanding judgement and understanding"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/discerning

So, it would be reasonable to state that anyone who had outstanding judgement and understanding would either be working for the recruitment team or at least able to put the odd suggestion their way, No? Or do you, in fact, not possess outstanding judgement and understanding and are, instead, parroting something generic.

I am merely pointing out that you talked sh1t and criticised me unfairly. Yes, I am not just saying sign any old sh1t striker. I am discerning, in that I would not be best pleased if we just went out and signed a striker that won’t cut it. Try and keep up GB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here