Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odds now up at Victor Chandler (14:15 5/11/09: Copp 4/6; Wise 7/1; Poy 7/1; Cott 8/1)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
253% now ... better ... but still got a long way to go before any value starts to appear

What exactly does that mean? Sorry for being a dumbass but I don't do betting so I haven't a scooby what you're saying.:p

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Victor Chandler must be praying for Hull to lose at the weekend because Pearson has gone back as Chairman and will sack Phil Brown to bring in his prefered manager , Steve Copell at the earliest possible moment.

People seem to think that Coppell will WANT to move back 'oop north'. Think he's pretty settled down here. Actually,why would anyone want to go to Hull !

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
any ideas whats being said that way

no, looks like they MIGHT avoid administration, they are paying the full lump of 2.1m owed to hmrc apparently, their chairman has been known to give false information recently though. however, where this money has come from no one knows, my guess is a combination of bank loans which will give further problems down the line, but sainsburys are set to give them a nice downpayment for the roots hall land, where they wanna have like the sainsburys headquarters. this all depends if a local college (prospects) agrees to move i think.

tilson is very loyal, i think he will leave if there is no advances on their stadium, which is going to be a bit later than when we need an appointment. southend fans would be suicidal if he joined us im sure :laugh: IF we did appoint him, he would take us up to the championship next season easily, however, he probably would struggle to keep us there. comfortable promotion with southend, and spent quite big for a small team after promotion, went 16-17 games with no win, relegated, and money problems from that spending/high wages, combined with new stadium legal fees which we all know about (and paying rent on roots hall obv)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Now's the time to get your bets on as VC still have Coppell as 4/6 favourite! :dunce:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Coppell is 11/1 to become the next Hull manager :thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Has Steve Tisdale of Exeter been mentioned? He's done a great job at them. Would we have the clout to poach him?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Does make you wonder why Bozza was allowed to keep topping up his bets pushing his winnings past the limits they would allow normally. Make me think there could have been a phonecall made like this

VC, Mornin Tone
TB, Hi VC
VC, Any legs in this Coppell thing? Quite a wedge been stuck on him
TB, Na, he's not interested
VC, OK ta, we will let the mugs stick as much as they want on then
TB, oh while you are on can I stick 10k on Wise?

(OK its all tongue in cheek but it just goes to show why the bookies set limits on bets like this, they have as much of a clue as we have)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We need someone who can give the players a cuddle. That's all they need.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Think we need a big gun bud who has excellent contacts and plenty of experience:clap:

Bring in curbishley as he is the man:wink:

I think you're right, but would Curbishly realistically come here? I thought he said he wasn't interested in anything below the Championship, he would be my first choice now though.

To say I'm gutted about Coppell would be an understatement.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It does bemuse me when managers are quite happy to sit on their pot of cash and wait for a decent job.

Would you not want to test yourself? Maybe it is a comfort zone type quandry and they couldn't imagine not having £2m+ to splash out on a single player?

That is not to say that Curbishley has ruled himself out, but I very much doubt that he has given a second thought to putting himself in the running.

Seemingly we have missed out on our first choice again. I do think people do need a bit of a reality check and realise that we are not the perfect job. We have a crap stadium, a high turnover of managers, poor training facilities and we are certainly not in a position to throw large quantities of cash about on the playing staff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If TB announces a dream team of Wise & Poyet will VC only pay out a quarter of the odds on both instead of the full monty ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here