Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oceana Nightclub

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I won't go for the following reasons. 1. I look at my best like a scruff bag, no dress code will let me in there.

2. I have no photo ID. My driving licence, which has not been used for 10 years, has no photo, and my passport is again 10 plus years out of date. Trust me on this I do look over 25.

3. Ooh, Mr Uneducated Bouncer sir, you can't let me in with trainers, but i could go in with steel toe capped DM's. Words fail me. Most nightclubs are like this and have always made me slightly angry.

The last time I got into a club it was pathetic. Yes the hole in question was The Standard, as the rest of the lads i was with wanted to go in there. I got in, which was amazing, but some of our party didn't as "No we don't let all single sex parties come in here," whilst a group of 30+ hens came in for their night.

As I was about to walk out one of the girls, had her drink spiked, whilst another was hit in the face so hard her nose was broken. The bouncers were laughing. I at the time have a duty of care, got a Ambulance called, attempted to stem the bleeding, and got two of the spiked girls friends, to sit with her. The men involved walked out, whilst the bouncers were taking no notice. I was also attempting to get some lights turned on so I could see exactly what I was doing, and for the music to be stopped. Meanwhile a couple more scuffles are now happening, and the bouncers are still doing nothing.

This all happened in five mins and the Police and Ambulance personnel were their ever professional selves. I let them do their job, and found a bar which served real beer, nearer the middle of the town, and had a couple more pints.

West Street, yes you can polish a turd, but a whole sewer, I don't think so.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uni is about studying. My parents continually remind me of this.

Maybe I wouldn't be so bitter if I wasn't teetotal and actually had some friends. Sigh.

Perhaps that attitude is kinda holding you back a bit from making friends.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
...meaning you could just borrow someone elses and say it was yours...

I can't remember the driving licences here ever being different from what they are now, they're easily fakeable I'd guess (paper, printed on, photo glued on and laminated over) but there is a photo.

Oh, and they get destroyed in washing machines...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
...meaning you could just borrow someone elses and say it was yours...

I can't remember the driving licences here ever being different from what they are now, they're easily fakeable I'd guess (paper, printed on, photo glued on and laminated over) but there is a photo.

Oh, and they get destroyed in washing machines...

But I guess most drunk people cannot remember someone elses date of birth.:thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I actually thought the place was alright, was pleasantly suprised. only draw back was it was 3 deep at every bar, but i guess that was only because it was opening night
£2.35 a pint of becks vier was a bargain too

did feel a bit of a tool having to wear proper shoes though

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Went last night for the first time.

Thought it was good and the 23+ room is a big plus, best room by a mile.
I did find it a bit odd that even though I could hardly move DP said that it wasnt as busy as it could be, which is a bit stupid in my view.

Drinks were not to bad depending on what you brought, A vodka and Coke was around the 3.30 mark, which isnt too bad, however the vodka Ice is 4 quid!

All in all I will go back I would assume, The King is dead long live the king

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here