Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oceana Nightclub

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
OOOOO cant wait!

Those pics look the business!

And im old enough to get in everywhre except the disco bit!

Does anyone else fancy a hot chocolate in the ski lounge?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It does look impressive

But so so different from Event...She's really gone :cry: I thought they would have at least kept some elements like the hidey hole at the back of the stage where you could take birds.

No pictures yet of the Acacia Suite and the Lautrec Suite so who knows...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I thought I was looking at hell.

But then I realised it's quite a big hell.

A big enough hell to keep more chavs away from the Barfly, Concorde, Freebutt, Ocean Rooms, Engine Rooms, indie nights etc.

Ah who am I kidding? This time next year I'm sure I'll have had at least a couple of highly regrettable (secretly enjoyable) nights in there. And seeing Danny is always a pleasure...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone else get the free leaflet for this at the game on Saturday ?

Does look the bollocks and age 23+ on a weekend has to be a good idea.

Higher age restricted "nightclubs" are the most boring, tedious places in existance. The most recent one I've had the displeasure of being in was full of bankers wanking their egos, people dancing badly wearing suits, ugly men, ugly women, terrible music, etc. In their effort to make it look "classy" they'd shaved money off the aircon so it was a total sweatbox (leather couches in a sweaty enviroment != fun). It was the second most expensive club I'd ever been in too.

And doormen that thought I was 23. I was 19. :dunce:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If Oceana is to earn the hundreds of thousands of pounds needed to pay for the renovation it simply can't ban people under 23 on the more popular nights. The younger people drink more as well and taking £15k at the bar is what's needed etc.

Not sure if the 23+ policy is going to work.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Oceana is to earn the hundreds of thousands of pounds needed to pay for the renovation it simply can't ban people under 23 on the more popular nights. The younger people drink more as well and taking £15k at the bar is what's needed etc.

its run by the biggest leisure company in the UK, where they make a loss on one unit, another unit will be keeping it going.

The area management are all morons, it will work it works at Bristol, Kingston, Northampton, Leeds and it will work here initially i think. I think the best nights will be the student nights anyway. 3200 in Kingston every Wednesday for their student nights, absolutely amazing atmosphere too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

£15k isnt alot. Average price of a drink on a saturday will be £4 say, 5 drinks per person, 2000 people, £40k take, profit is prob £30-35k.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
£15k isnt alot. Average price of a drink on a saturday will be £4 say, 5 drinks per person, 2000 people, £40k take, profit is prob £30-35k.

Yeah, I've seen €20,000 taken at much smaller clubs in provincial towns here, £15,000 would be very very low for a club in Brighton in my eyes, particularly a huge one. Although GB clubbers are slightly less alcoholic than ours. :lol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
with over 23's theres no danger of ending up in prison!

I'm wondering how they're going to make it work, if I go from New York Disco to the Icehouse then I presume they'll be a big queue of people outside New York waiting to get back in with the bouncers checking passports and driving licenses etc.

On a vaguely related subject, another NSCer was telling me his mate has a contract/promise he gets girls to sign before he sleeps with them to avoid any girl crying rape later, as some do. I've wondered if such a signed contract is valid if the girl is too drunk at the time to know what she's signing/doing. Interesting thought.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm wondering how they're going to make it work, if I go from New York Disco to the Icehouse then I presume they'll be a big queue of people outside New York waiting to get back in with the bouncers checking passports and driving licenses etc.
If you go into new york you will have your hand stamped and you will show this stamp to gain re-entry to said bar

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
On a vaguely related subject, another NSCer was telling me his mate has a contract/promise he gets girls to sign before he sleeps with them to avoid any girl crying rape later, as some do. I've wondered if such a signed contract is valid if the girl is too drunk at the time to know what she's signing/doing. Interesting thought.

Also sounds like a way to seriously kill the mood, that said my mate Pete did think of doing something along those lines...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Also sounds like a way to seriously kill the mood, that said my mate Pete did think of doing something along those lines...

Agreed, but if it stops girls crying rape and stops you going on the sex offenders register and ruining your life, maybe worth it??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here