Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obama V Clinton - Who would NSC vote for ?.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd prefer Obama as well, Hillary doesn't come across as genuine and seems like a nasty, arrogant witch. She would probably make an even worse president than Bush.

Not really... because in the real world I am not voting :). There is no major difference IN REALITY between Hilary and Barrack's policies so it comes down to who would get the vote. Getting real is making sure there is NO CHANCE the republicans can win and they've been pretty clever because McCain is a Republican in Democrats clothing. Put Obama up against him and there is a REAL chance we will be looking at another Republican government and that IN REALITY is more important than issues of black and white to me.

mmmmmmmmm

McCain is not a democratic by any means, he just isn't rabid right. He shows some sense of realism, ie register your illegal immigrants, accept there is a need for climate change. Swazeneeger (however you spell his name) is one of the US climate change leaders and a die hard republican.

The south of US will be interesting because generally its the most right, the democrates down there are more right than say, New York republicans. Who will get the most votes down there? A black democratic in states where on average, 30% of the electorate are black or a woman, where half of the electorate are women?

As long as the democratic controlled states stay firm, it doesn't matter, whether Obama or Clinton is the main candidate. Its winning in the south and picking up a few republican states that matter.

Dandyman

In London village.
mmmmmmmmm

McCain is not a democratic by any means, he just isn't rabid right. He shows some sense of realism, ie register your illegal immigrants, accept there is a need for climate change. Swazeneeger (however you spell his name) is one of the US climate change leaders and a die hard republican.

The south of US will be interesting because generally its the most right, the democrates down there are more right than say, New York republicans. Who will get the most votes down there? A black democratic in states where on average, 30% of the electorate are black or a woman, where half of the electorate are women?

As long as the democratic controlled states stay firm, it doesn't matter, whether Obama or Clinton is the main candidate. Its winning in the south and picking up a few republican states that matter.

Tend to agree with that. What's also interesting is the unraveling of the Republican coalition. While McCain is clearly right-wing by our standards he is hated by many of the religous right and other assorted nutters that make up an important part of the Republican constituency. I suspect a Clinton/Obama (President/VP) ticket could ride in by picking up the Black vote (which Gore threw away to some extent) and capitalising on more core Democrats actually voting than core Republicans.

Me too!

Don't like the Clintons, ever since the cigar incident :nono:

Ol' Hilary she must dispise her husband, but for the sake of her developing a political career, she has him supporting her, rubbishing Obama, its that type of unprincipled politician that gets on my goat and destroys any faith in Politicians.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Not really... because in the real world I am not voting :). There is no major difference IN REALITY between Hilary and Barrack's policies so it comes down to who would get the vote. Getting real is making sure there is NO CHANCE the republicans can win and they've been pretty clever because McCain is a Republican in Democrats clothing. Put Obama up against him and there is a REAL chance we will be looking at another Republican government and that IN REALITY is more important than issues of black and white to me.

i'm afraid you are underestimating the hatred that many republicans have for anything Clinton. whilst she would be my choice as the next president, i believe that the only way the republicans can win is if the base loathes the Democratic candidate enough to 'get out the vote'. unfortunately, Clinton fits the bill (and it's their hatred for Bill which is just as important as their hatred for Hill). sure, there are a bunch of racists in america but not enough to decide an election as most of them are concentrated in a few southern states which will be republican regardless. the sad thing is, most states are already decided. the result in november will be decided by the very few marginal states such florida, ohio & missouri.

although i think the Democratic candidate will win regardless of who it is (thankfully, McCain is not the right candidate to excite the more extreme right-wing elements of the republican party), if it's Clinton, it will be much closer than if it's Obama. if it's Clinton, it will come down to legacies - will memories of the bush legacy bring out more Democratic voters than memories of the Clinton legacy will bring out republicans?

Hillary 2008!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
i'm afraid you are underestimating the hatred that many republicans have for anything Clinton. whilst she would be my choice as the next president, i believe that the only way the republicans can win is if the base loathes the Democratic candidate enough to 'get out the vote'. unfortunately, Clinton fits the bill (and it's their hatred for Bill which is just as important as their hatred for Hill). sure, there are a bunch of racists in america but not enough to decide an election as most of them are concentrated in a few southern states which will be republican regardless. the sad thing is, most states are already decided. the result in november will be decided by the very few marginal states such florida, ohio & missouri.

although i think the Democratic candidate will win regardless of who it is (thankfully, McCain is not the right candidate to excite the more extreme right-wing elements of the republican party), if it's Clinton, it will be much closer than if it's Obama. if it's Clinton, it will come down to legacies - will memories of the bush legacy bring out more Democratic voters than memories of the Clinton legacy will bring out republicans?

Hillary 2008!

Good post John.... makes me feel a lot happier about Obama....... probably not wahte you wanted to do...as long as the democrats get in I'll be happy.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i would not be suprised if john Mccain became president i think the americans will go for an older more mature candidate.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
mmmmmmmmm

Whats with all the "rights" and "lefts"? can any anyone explain this to me??

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bill was a liar and crooked as hell. Why assume that Hillary is any different. The Bush's have shown what nepotism brings to US politics. Obama all the way.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
9 Obama.

Robert Lindsay must be desperate for Huckerbee to win so he can land some roles as the president.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was astounded to find out the other day that this pantomime goes on until NOVEMBER!! 'Super Tuesday FFS', this is the serious business of who to put in charge of the world, not Sky Sports latest overhyped football match.

God I hate Americans.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Would be interesting to see a black Muslim in charge of my soon to be home country!!!! I would not go for him personally as he does not come across genuine to me and plays to the crowd

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Obama just stirs up a lot of sentimental bollocks, no idea what he actually stands for. So for that alone, I'd go for clinton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here