Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Obama is a satanist, HM The Queen is a giant murderous lizard!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sounds more like genuinely disturbing to me. Quite a few people think this stuff.

It's huge.

Some of the cultist callers, or from their alarmed relatives, to R5/LBC have been folk in careers such as nursing or teaching.

Personally, I'm glad it's openly talked about, from a dissection of it, to my approach of taking the mickey.

It's growing exponentially anyway, so let's challenge and ridicule it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Truth decay.

It seems the internet, rather than being the opportunity for worldwide participation in truth seeking, has not overcome cognitive bias.

Trump has been the final flagship. Despite continually spouting lie after lie and spur of the moment egotism he will have followers, in their millions, who will waive it on to keep their own perceptions alive.

Sharing false or unverified information is epidemic. I see it done by intelligent and oft reasonable folk I know. People just share any old shit that heightens their quest for righteousness.

It's such an odd world. Or perhaps it always was. It just wasn't so evident.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Truth decay.

It seems the internet, rather than being the opportunity for worldwide participation in truth seeking, has not overcome cognitive bias.

Trump has been the final flagship. Despite continually spouting lie after lie and spur of the moment egotism he will have followers, in their millions, who will waive it on to keep their own perceptions alive.

Sharing false or unverified information is epidemic. I see it done by intelligent and oft reasonable folk I know. People just share any old shit that heightens their quest for righteousness.

Actually that's one of Trump's Contributions to the World - He has made Lunatics sound reasonably sane.

If he wasn't holding the office that he is I would have been having a right good laugh about all the stuff he has managed to get wrong and end up flat on his arse about - but the fact that people hang on his every word. Thats the Dangerous part

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
My theory is that before the internet people with these views tended to be isolated from one another and anyone susceptible to them were soon moderated by dealing with other people day in day out. Since the internet happened you can go on line and find people who agree with your views in no time and an echo chamber forms.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My theory is that before the internet people with these views tended to be isolated from one another and anyone susceptible to them were soon moderated by dealing with other people day in day out. Since the internet happened you can go on line and find people who agree with your views in no time and an echo chamber forms.

So true. I was a Palace supporter until I took the wrong turn in Google one day and ended up down this rabbit hole.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd have thought most 'Momemtum Islington Hard Left' types rather admire Obama.

Seriously, most of these barking mad QAnon conspiracy theorists (who also tend to be COVID-deniers, anti-maskers, and anti-vaxxers) are on the Hard Right; people who admire the 'honesty' and 'courage' of 'anti-elite' populists like Farage and Trump.

They are invariably people who have attended the 'School of Hard Knocks' at the 'University of Life' and have proudly never read a book in their lives, but arrogantly assume that they know better about everything than experts like medical professionals or scientists.

They also think that their hostility to Lockdowns and wearing masks is because they are 'libertarians' who worship individual freedom, rather than due to their ignorance and selfishness, and an immaturity more akin to a stroppy teenager having a tantrum because its been told to tidy it's bedroom by its 'fascist' parents.

Who needs books when you have Youtube to tell you everything?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’s another grouping, really big in numbers.

It might be a stereotype, I kind of had it, that UK teens are almost all environmentalists, fighting the cause of the Palestinians, marching for BLM, etc.

But, I know and know of many kids in their final GCSE years, A’levels or beyond, all normally sociable with mates, who are strong on 5G and vaccine theories, have a keen interest in Icke’s Booker Prize efforts, who believe in the Obama, Clooney and Gates theories. In face to face and social media echo chambers with their mates, sharing YouTube videos.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's huge.

Some of the cultist callers, or from their alarmed relatives, to R5/LBC have been folk in careers such as nursing or teaching.

Personally, I'm glad it's openly talked about, from a dissection of it, to my approach of taking the mickey.

Truth decay.

On the subject of the possible truths of these conspiracy theories, you know we are in different corners of the ring.

To say that there are more of us tin-foilers today is probably not accurate though.

In the 1967 CIA dispatch (declassified in 1998) the CIA writes "Presumably as a result of the increasing challenge to the Warren Comissions Report, a public opinion poll recently indicated that 46% of the American public did not think Oswald acted alone."

46! You think 46% believe in any conspiracy theory today?

This is their solution to the problem, by the way, if you are curious:

"a) To discuss the publicity problem with liaison and friendly elite contacts (especially politicians and editors), pointing out that the Warren Commission made as thorouugh an investigation as humanly possible, that the charges of the critics are withou serious foundation, and that further speculative dicsussion only plays into the hands of the opposition.. Point out also that parts of the conspiracy talk appear to be deliberately generated by Communist propagandists. Urge them to use their influence to discourage unfounded and irresponsible speculation.

b. To employ propaganda assets to and refute the attacks of the critics. Book reviews and feature articles are particularly appropriate for this purpose. The unclassified attachments to this guidance should provide useful background material for passing to assets. Our ploy should point out, as applicable, that the critics are (I) wedded to theories adopted before the evidence was in, (II) politically interested, (III) financially interested, (IV) hasty and inaccurate in their research, or (V) infatuated with their own theories.”

Similarly, in the 1950s over half of the American public believed that the government was hiding information and/or evidence relating to UFO:s and extraterrestrial visits. Do you think half of the population believe in any conspiracy theory today?

Most likely, fringe theories are on the decline - they just get more (ridiculing) attention.

Also: with the ever increasing concentration of media ownership, the increased understanding of the effects of propaganda and the technological and ideological streamlining of the world, fringe theories today create more cognitive discomfort to you normies than it did say 50 years ago: either you vote left or you vote right or you are some kind of nazi-communist freak. Intellectual starvation.

As Huxley put it:

"The nightmare of total organization, which I had situated in the seventh century After Ford, has emerged from the safe, remote future and is now awaiting us, just around the next corner. "

SAC

May 21, 2014
One of the problems is that the media need to be seen to be fair and give all sides equal oxygen. Therefore far-right conspiracy theory fanatics are allowed to spew this guff and more an more people think that there may be something in it. No smoke without fire etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's said that real life is better than fiction.

Today on LBC I heard the best comedy since The Thick of It. Caller after caller from about 12:15pm, following up on their extensive scientific research on YouTube and Facebook, claiming:
- The Queen is a giant lizard, part of a global cabal murdering us.
- Bill Gates has never given a penny of his fortune away. He's murdering us to further increase his fortune.
- The two new vaccines aren't vaccines at all, they're microbots that enable the Glitterati to terminate the lives of us mere peasants, with a simple "off" function activated via 5G and 6G masts.
- Obama is the chief satanist, his blood thirsty deputy George Bush.

Spoken by callers who seemed as thick as shite, no evidence offered, just references to it's all there on YouTube. Some noticeably reticent to reveal some of the above, embarrassed, until prized out of them.

Genuinely, laugh out loud moments.
Listened in myself, absolutely surreal at times. Fair praise to O'Brien for letting them dig themselves some massive holes then trying to help them back out... Sadly not one iota of evidence was offered up. Particular favourites were the chap who thinks that the Vaccine shot WILL contain a micro chip that can link to 5G and will be able to kill anyone at the flick of a switch and the chap that just accused O'Brien of being Satan!

Notable mention to the rather twee woman who, with only the Bible to go by, accused George Bush, Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton and others of being Satanists... " But the people you have named are NOT in the Bible so how can the Bible tell you this"?

None had any genuine source of these allegations yet they genuinely believe.... Is it possible that we all need something to believe in but most of us choose logically but some of us get some kind of mental short circuit and are unable to analyse fact from fiction?

How do we help these poor soul's out of the abyss and bring them back in to the fold? With the continuing denial of events in the US by Trump and his supporters is it already too late?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's huge.

It really shouldn't need challenging/ridiculing, as those sane enough to see it for what it is, already do, and those who blindly accept it all (blindly, apart from dubious YT sources/similar) won't be swayed by any reasonable discourse. They simply love it, as far as I can tell.
Me? I have no truck with bollocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listened in myself, absolutely surreal at times. Fair praise to O'Brien for letting them dig themselves some massive holes then trying to help them back out... Sadly not one iota of evidence was offered up. Particular favourites were the chap who thinks that the Vaccine shot WILL contain a micro chip that can link to 5G and will be able to kill anyone at the flick of a switch and the chap that just accused O'Brien of being Satan!

Notable mention to the rather twee woman who, with only the Bible to go by, accused George Bush, Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton and others of being Satanists... " But the people you have named are NOT in the Bible so how can the Bible tell you this"?

None had any genuine source of these allegations yet they genuinely believe.... Is it possible that we all need something to believe in but most of us choose logically but some of us get some kind of mental short circuit and are unable to analyse fact from fiction?

How do we help these poor soul's out of the abyss and bring them back in to the fold? With the continuing denial of events in the US by Trump and his supporters is it already too late?

Glad someone else on NSC heard the comedy.

Karen (from Essex?) was gold, later a guy from London who was I think an evangelist. It was funny how timid they were about their love of Icke, until prized out of them .... it wasn't hard.

At least one had got through the LBC researchers by pretending he was anti Giant Lizard theorists, he tried to lie for a while to get his two pennies worth in about the murderous Bilderberg Group .... but was outed within moments and failed to produce one iota of evidence.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Most of us really want to "get back into the fold". No group of people caused this planet and species as much harm and pain as the majority did and, judging from history, always will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It really shouldn't need challenging/ridiculing, as those sane enough to see it for what it is, already do, and those who blindly accept it all (blindly, apart from dubious YT sources/similar) won't be swayed by any reasonable discourse. They simply love it, as far as I can tell.
Me? I have no truck with bollocks.

I did try the rational argument approach with loved ones, but being a piss taker and (poor) satirist, I couldn't help but laugh. So it's now a taboo subject, I think I'm seen as irritating because I spoke in the world of facts. When these conversations expand to Trump, it get's fraught .... with whataboutery on Biden and Hilary's paedo ring.

Which only leaves me with taking the piss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Glad someone else on NSC heard the comedy.

Karen (from Essex?) was gold, later a guy from London who was I think an evangelist. It was funny how timid they were about their love of Icke, until prized out of them .... it wasn't hard.

At least one had got through the LBC researchers by pretending he was anti Giant Lizard theorists, he tried to lie for a while to get his two pennies worth in about the murderous Bilderberg Group .... but was outed within moments and failed to produce one iota of evidence.

I was working and only listened in via an earpiece and missed a few bits due to interruptions, the one thing that shone genuinely through all of them was that they all knew they were right ! did laugh when O'Brien said about " The David Icke who first mentioned that we were ruled by Lizards ? " ... caller : " Well actually he has said other things too.."

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Which only leaves me with taking the piss.

Quite, which leads 'them' to accuse people of doing just that, having conveniently forgotten the logical arguments against said bollocks.
And so, the cycle continues.
It was so, so simple when 'they' only seemed bothered with 'who shot JFK?' and 'did we REALLY land on the moon?'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was working and only listened in via an earpiece and missed a few bits due to interruptions, the one thing that shone genuinely through all of them was that they all knew they were right ! did laugh when O'Brien said about " The David Icke who first mentioned that we were ruled by Lizards ? " ... caller : " Well actually he has said other things too.."

I just looked, sadly LBC don’t do catch up radio.

Yes, I loved that bit. He may’ve been the liar who claimed he wasn’t like the others, but wanted to talk about the ongoing mass extermination of us by the Bilderberg Group. His evidence was that David Icke had said so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here