Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway breaks County players leg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Notts County Lass said:
Some how we've managed to sign him permanently, he's an absolute gem. :D

We're told that although it was initially feared he'd broken his ankle, it's actually only a ruptured ligament, though his season is over. :nono:

:ohmy: charlie will have to cross his name off the 'broken limbs' chart he has on his bedroom wall now :glare:

Nov 3, 2003
"Oatway was sticking up for our team...that player was a nob. Sure he didn't deserve a broken leg, but after their tackle of Zamora last year they can f*** right off." if true that Oatway went on well OTT which is reported then he dererves nothing less than a life ban which do BHA a favour so we wont have to put up with his awful attempt to be a professional footballer

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oatway has this reputation as something of a hard man, but to be fair, I can't remember the last time he got close enough to an opponent to put in a crunching tackle.

I think his reputation among fans is slightly misplaced, he's not a hatchet man in my books. So he screwed up one tackle, but it hardly makes him worthy of a lengthy ban.

As someone else said, I remember County's rough house tactics on Zamora last time they played here- they'd clearly gone out with instructions to hurt him. Which wasn't the case with Oatway at the weekend.

Didn't see it, but nice to hear the St John's people rushed over to help as usual! Did they break their Slowest Land Speed record (achieved against QPR in August) in getting across the pitch to the injured guy?

edna krabappel said:

Didn't see it, but nice to hear the St John's people rushed over to help as usual! Did they break their Slowest Land Speed record (achieved against QPR in August) in getting across the pitch to the injured guy?

They were disgraceful.. I hoped Malcolm Stuart and the ref and the Notts County physio told them exactly what they thought of their pleasaant stroll in the sunshine, rather than rushing to the aid of a bloke who could have been very seriously injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here