Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Boring old shite

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not so long ago, the general consensus seemed to be that Oasis were past it. That compared to their previous selves, they had become monotonous, repetitive, pedestrian and generally rather tiresome.

Yet their new tour had sold out within hours with an unwavering display of enthusiasm from their fans.

But what does NSC think of their recent material? Classic, timeless rock, or boring old shite?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I thought their most recent album was actually very good, not a patch on the first two but still very good.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wouldnt say my fave, but would like to see em live at least once.

AND WILL BE IN MANCHESTER STADIUM NEXT YEAR!!

:flameboun :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :flameboun

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The first 2 Albums were Dynamite.
Its easy to knock them after those, but in general well worth a listen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
shockingly crap live! I dont care for them at all but I do like Wonderwall as it reminds me of my first ever snowboard trip everytime I hear it, only because the French Alps radio station played it 2-3 times every f***ing HOUR so it grew on me :angry:

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Not many bands sum up the youth culture like they did

Tacky, overhyped and third rate?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
fourthteamtillidie said:
wheres the self opinionated manc wank option on the poll?
they can be almost as irritating as being trapped in the man utd megastore with Terry Christian on speed..

adendum:
great if yoou like listening to A,D, and E chords only- oh and the fact that around fifty % of their songs are clones of each other- Do you know what i meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn yeah yeah!

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
The Jam of the 90s,original wonderfull songs,music that woke people up to real songs again after the shit electropop era and the "if you can dance round youre handbag to it when pissed"records that were going straight to no 1.
Maybe past it now but live superb,Knebworth,Glastonbury,anywhere ,top guns:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Great band, Denfintley maybe is a superb album, Morning glory and the masterplan are also quality, I thought heathen chemistry was a decent album too. I can't wait to see them in Milton Keyenes :clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Manchester stadium has sold out, they have had to add another date, hardly sounds like a crap band to me, OR if they are they are still VERY popular.

(Not sure about other venues)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here