• Classic, timeless rock

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Boring old shite

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Digmut

Jul 14, 2003
Ashford Kent
1st album was good but then became the Collective Cliche Band. Over rated northern monkeys

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Juan Albion said:
Not one original note and the world's most tedious vocals (Coldplay excepted).

blimey Juan, I'm in total agreement with you !

I'd go as far as to say that there rapid ticket sales just go to show haow many 'lads', 'ladettes' and musically brain dead chavs there are in this country.

calling them a slade/quo/faces/beatles covers band would be an insult to the hundreds of covers bands who play up and down the country avery week

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
no no No No NO!!

Terribly, whingy shite. Trying to act like they're the best band to come from inside the M60 when they're clearly not. They're barely a fecking band

And they can't pronounce their surname right either. Its GAL-A-HER. The second G is SILENT, YOU MANCUNIAN TITS.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb and very important to music in this country. Heralded the return of swaggering rock and roll.

First two albums meant that anything they released afterwards would always be a let down but if a new band released Heathen Chemistry they would have got a lot more acclaim for it then Oasis got.

Quite simply after Definitely Maybe the bar was set too high.

Great live. Cant wait to see them at Milton Keynes.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Richie Morris said:
Superb and very important to music in this country. Heralded the return of swaggering rock and roll.

First two albums meant that anything they released afterwards would always be a let down but if a new band released Heathen Chemistry they would have got a lot more acclaim for it then Oasis got.

Quite simply after Definitely Maybe the bar was set too high.

Great live. Cant wait to see them at Milton Keynes.

the voice of an airheaded mod .. .lay off the Purple hearts Jimmy :lolol:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Thank God for Oasis - rock stars with attitude and swagger - just like it should be. They were the driving force behind Brit pop in the mid 90's which heralded the best era of music since the 60's.

Songs like Live Forever, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Rock and Roll Star, Wonderwall, Don't look Back in Anger etc etc will always be part of British culture.

I've got tickets for Milton Keynes next July and I can't wait.........

shit live??? What are you talking about!

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Oasis are incredible, the best band of the 90's. Some of their songs do sound similar and yes their last album wasn't as good as their first two. But the first two were incredible. There realising their 7th album in March and no doubt people will be criticising it. Personally I can't wait for June to come around so I can see Oasis's first gig at the COM on the Thursday :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
At their time they were UNSTOPPABLE, absolutely nothing compares to what they meant to the 'kids' during the nineties. They may have dropped off recently because they no longer experience what they were experiencing during the times when they could actually write songs. I don't suppose they can find much anger in being millionaires which is a shame, their Glasto performance may have been pretty shocking to experience live but they still got 80,000 people including myself singing along which just goes to show what a huge band they WERE. Pissed on Blur from a great height.

You can knock them all you want know but Definitely Maybe is the single most important album in British music in the last 20 years and that, my friends, in a FACT.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

You can knock them all you want know but Definitely Maybe is the single most important album in British music in the last 20 years and that, my friends, in a FACT.

Agreed.

They are never going to be as good beacuse before they were raw and singing about how life was shit but you could still go out with your mates and get pissed.

People on the street cannot really relate to Noel and Liam's lives these days. How many people can really relate to 'nailing a fit and famous bird then going home to your million pound north london terrace house'?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
ps

Whatever you say about Liams voice is still makes great listening when he really pushes it.

I'm gonna go listen to them now.

:)

Bye.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Oasis are easily one of my favourite ever bands but the above quote is a little over the top.

I can think of 2 albums which are more important straight off the top of my head...In fact if it wasn't for one of them there would not even be a Definately Maybe.

Albion, England & Oasis forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here