Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Who watches support bands? :shrug:

*edit* unless you're a big fan of the support band and have come along especially to, er, support them
I always watch the support bands, back in the day it was often a good way to see up and coming bands. Radiohead supporting Kingmaker springs to mind.

In the last month or so I have also seen Mercury Rev supporting Ride and Badly Drawn Boy supporting Belle and Sebastian.

On the Ride thing I hope Andy stays with then and doesn't join oasis for any extended length of time.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I always watch the support bands, back in the day it was often a good way to see up and coming bands. Radiohead supporting Kingmaker springs to mind.

In the last month or so I have also seen Mercury Rev supporting Ride and Badly Drawn Boy supporting Belle and Sebastian.

On the Ride thing I hope Andy stays with then and doesn't join oasis for any extended length of time.
My favourite support band that I've seen were called Splint.

Not because they were any good (Christ knows, they weren't), but because it's the least google-able band name I've ever come across.*

*there do seem to be some actual relevant results when I just checked - but for the most part it's just pictures of people with sprained wrists.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My favourite support band that I've seen were called Splint.

Not because they were any good (Christ knows, they weren't), but because it's the least google-able band name I've ever come across.*

*there do seem to be some actual relevant results when I just checked - but for the most part it's just pictures of people with sprained wrists.
surely A come pretty close in google-ability

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
surely A come pretty close in google-ability
This one?
Pretty straightforward.
The key is to name yourself something that is still something else much better known even when you add the word "band" to it.

Ideally you'd find something which is also commonly combined with "musical artist", but short of actually calling your band "John Lennon" that becomes a bit difficult.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
announcement Tuesday at 8am according to video teaser in oasis font at blossoms gig tonight

looks like Noel has confirmed the same on twitter

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Who cares? The world has moved on, or at least you should have.
Well, the people who care (quite of a few of us) and who are posting in this thread about it. I do wish people who had absolutely nothing to contribute, really low effort posts like yours, would just be quiet and let us enjoy this.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I always thought I wouldn't be excited by an oasis reunion. The magic died a long time ago, what version of the band would actually play, it'll just be a bunch of middle aged men going through the motions.

But...

HOLY f*** I WAS WRONG!

I couldn't be more excited. *

*unless they come to Tokyo too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here