Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Radiohead. Pixies. The Sundays. Off the top of my head I’ve seen all those as the support act. (And on a two-band bill, too - I’m not talking festivals etc). Probably several others if I search my memory…
Lynyrd Skynyrd supporting golden f***ing earring. Dome

Comsat Angels supporting (a decent) U2 (I was there for the comsats). Jenkinsons

Thin Lizzy supporting an execrable Bachman-Turner Overbollocks. Hammersmith Odeon

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Saw them in one time in Oz post-prime. Brisbane conference centre type place in the middle of a forest, served by a Falmer-esque train service.

Oh, and with renewed reunion interest I suppose my un-ironed 1996 North America tour teeshirt might yet find a buyer hurrah 😄

View attachment 187821
Too small.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never gonna happen, but would be top of my list. Saw them so many times, and every set was different.
Saw XTC supporting Siouxie and the Banshees, New Regent, West Street. Excellent!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw The Cure as a support band
I tend to see them as headliners. Each to his own.

(I know - autistic brane-wrong miss-reading. I realised, but thought I'd roll with it for low comedy porpoises :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
To take this seriously.... I'm 66 and was So Excited by all the Beatles hype when I was 5 or 6 years old.

I remember that programme hosted by Muriel Young (with Olly Beak and Bert Wheedon), 5-0-clock club (?) flagging up 'tonight the Beatles! and after a long wait....it was f***ing string puppet beetles with helium vocals. I was distraught.

They were OK. But who did you like more in the early mid 60s?

I was transported (entirely via TOTP and the Light programme, which is all I had) very rarely (it was a culture desert) by:

Telstar by the Tornados.
Traffic: Hole in my shoe
Darlin' and Breakaway by the Beach Boys
Nat King Cole
Johnny Kidd and the Pirates (Shakin all over)
The Animals (HOTRS/DLMBM)
Marrakesh express

The Beatles were some weird screamy girl hype. And The Stones were tedious.

I wanted MAGIC. Hole in my shoe has that. The Beach Boys had that.

Beatles....mmmmm........yyyyyy...no.

What did you like?
This is a thread about Oasis, Mike!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw them twice when they were supposedly at their best, and both times they were shite and upstaged by the support bands. For the most part they were great on record, but live - no thanks…..
IMHO, they should leave the legacy where it is
I saw them supported by The Bootleg Beatles. Oasis were never a band I fully got behind but they were on top form, and were excellent, when I saw them the once.

I also saw Noel Gallagher do an unannounced acoustic set supporting, I think, Primal Scream, at Shepherd Bush Empire. He was relatively unknown then. I also saw him solo at The Mean Fiddler, stepping in last minute for the Levellers who pulled out of a Liverpool Dockers benefit. That was really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here