Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Band Aid 20

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The song?

Yes, its crap. And can someone tell that git Dizzee Rascal that its a SONG not a RAP. Those lyrics were meant to be sung by someone with talent. E.g. nobody that sang on that recording.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I thought it was OK, apart from the 'rap' bit? ???

I asked my sister, some 17 years younger than me, and was 'assured' that it is because I'm old??! *splutter*

I'm only 35 :( - OK 36 in 8 days.

To make things worse, I've lost my slippers! :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
The song is superb, just the lame brain no hopers with no talent that have sung it have spoilt it. should have stuck with the original.

The idea behind it on the other hand is again fantastic and anything that can help has got to be a good thing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i like it , don't care what anyone says

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
If it sells so what. It's about making money for the needy. If they had of kept the old one Kev then how would they raise more funds?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What is good about this one, as was pointed out in a paper yesterday, is that there are numerous female artists in it.

In 1984 there was only Bananarama and a couple of other women, it was pretty much entirely a male affair. While that was partly a consequence of it being a group assembled by Bob Geldof getting on the phone to his mates, it didn't say much for equality in the music business.

But the effort today has Ms Dynamite, Sugababes, Dido, Joss Stone, Jamelia, Katie Melua, Rachel Stevens and others very much to the fore. Which is a good thing.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
bhafc99 said:
What is good about this one, as was pointed out in a paper yesterday, is that there are numerous female artists in it.

In 1984 there was only Bananarama and a couple of other women, it was pretty much entirely a male affair. While that was partly a consequence of it being a group assembled by Bob Geldof getting on the phone to his mates, it didn't say much for equality in the music business.

But the effort today has Ms Dynamite, Sugababes, Dido, Joss Stone, Jamelia, Katie Melua, Rachel Stevens and others very much to the fore. Which is a good thing.

Theres a reason for this that a lot of people never seem to grasp

There are less women than men in the music industry. Teenage girls don't regularly form bands in a mates garage, etc. Remember our thread on "best female frontman" (contradiction in terms, I know). Very very few of them.

To get 'equality' in numbers they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel. There are less women in the industry, and less ones that are in any way decent.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
mrhairy said:
If it sells so what. It's about making money for the needy. If they had of kept the old one Kev then how would they raise more funds?

Possibly by sharing some of their vast fortunes? If everybody that has participated in the various band aid projects gave some money that they'd never miss there wouldn't be a need for band aid. It's all very well giving up a Saturday to record the song and waive the fees but that's not a lot really is it-not when loads of them have bank balances in the millions?

Sorry, but when you hear of kids giving their week's pocket money to help it puts these 'stars' to shame.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
MYOB said:
Theres a reason for this that a lot of people never seem to grasp

There are less women than men in the music industry. Teenage girls don't regularly form bands in a mates garage, etc. Remember our thread on "best female frontman" (contradiction in terms, I know). Very very few of them.

To get 'equality' in numbers they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel. There are less women in the industry, and less ones that are in any way decent.

I think you are being a bit unfair there on the present crop of female musicians in this country.

The women in this version include some very talented artists.

Ms Dynamite made a very good album that won the Mercury Music Prize (although the streets would have won it if he had gone to the ceremony). Jamelia and Joss Stone have both made decent albums as had Ketie Melua. The Sugababes make decent pop music and Dido has sold millions of albums worldwide. Not really scraping the barrel?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Haven't heard it and don't plan to, especially since I just heard BUSTED are in it. :lolol:

I guess that is one advantage to living overseas. You cannot avoid it here! :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I hav'nt heard it yet and by all accounts I dont want too either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here