Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Band Aid 20

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Raphael Meade said:
dizzee rascal is the only good thing in the song!!!

:clap: :clap:

And I'm 35 too

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
whether you like dizzy rascal or not , you must admit there is no place in that song for him!!!!

also ,if those pop stars put their hands in their pockets abit more then we wouldnt need another band aid record,

how much is Bono worth?!!!!!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Mr Popkins said:
whether you like dizzy rascal or not , you must admit there is no place in that song for him!!!!

True he is a complete token gesture, who I'm sure is just there to add some credability to a bunch of one hit wonder POP stars !!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What this latest version really brings home is how the Pop Idol culture has robbed us of really good vocalists.

The singing is fine and in tune, but none of the artists stand out and are recognisable in the way that Bono, Sting, Boy George and Paul Young did on the original. The only one who appears to have anything original to add (apart from the (c)rap) is Dido.

I shan't buy it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why didn't Geldof/Midge Ure write a new song or get someone else to? Surely it would have sold better and it would have got as much publicity as well. The 1st version was original and pretty good but as Sully has already pointed out, the vocals on this one are in the main weak and bland, at least the Dizee Rascal bit is original and stands out from the dross singing around it.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Did anyone see Dead Ringers last night?

There was a great piss take out of Dido, where Geldof was saying she only sings the vowels. If you actually listens to it's true!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It's not like the first one was brilliant though is it?

f***ing hell at last.

listening to some people, you'd think the original was some kind of classic song.

it wasn't.

It sounds to me like a lot of old gits who seem to think music a couple of decades ago was better than it is now.

Dull song, then and now

Buy the fucker anyway:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here