Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Anyone had dealings with Hermes delivery company?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Got back from my trip to South Wales to find a card on the mat suggesting some bunch of cowboys called Hermes have tried to deliver a parcel.

It ain't here and there is no way of contacting them that I can find works.

I know the Royal Mail gets some stick but these muppets are a fcuking joke.

Would appreciate any ideas from those who may have had similar experience

Mar 10, 2006
Hermes use people who run the delivery arm from home so its likely that its any Tom Dick or Harry just running round in his car dropping off packets to people. Most likely outcome is that this person will try calling again later today or monday

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
When they dropped the card through your letter box they should have put their contact name and number on card for you to call them to re arrange delivery

Hermes use people who run the delivery arm from home so its likely that its any Tom Dick or Harry just running round in his car dropping off packets to people. Most likely outcome is that this person will try calling again later today or monday

To be fair, so do the former home delivery network (now yodle) which has also swallowed up DHL!

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I send a number of parcels every day, and have tried several carriers, and nearly tried Hermes but got a warning not to. I use Parcelforce and have no complaints, if there is a cock up, and that it extremely rare, they sort it. I have to say the drivers that come to us for collection are great blokes including the relief driver we have this week whose only fault is he supports PALARSE.

:tosser:

I send a number of parcels every day, and have tried several carriers, and nearly tried Hermes but got a warning not to. I use Parcelforce and have no complaints, if there is a cock up, and that it extremely rare, they sort it. I have to say the drivers that come to us for collection are great blokes including the relief driver we have this week whose only fault is he supports PALARSE.

:tosser:

I used to use Parcelforce but managed to save over £1 on most my packages by switching to Interlink. They are so good, my customers even get an email and a text 1st thing in the morning informing them in which hour their package will arrive!

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I used to use Parcelforce but managed to save over £1 on most my packages by switching to Interlink. They are so good, my customers even get an email and a text 1st thing in the morning informing them in which hour their package will arrive!

Thanks for that, I will give it a try

When they dropped the card through your letter box they should have put their contact name and number on card for you to call them to re arrange delivery
When you say "they should have put their contact name and number on the card", are you suggesting that the addressee of one of their packages has an entitlement to any sort of service at all?

How does that work?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
When you say "they should have put their contact name and number on the card", are you suggesting that the addressee of one of their packages has an entitlement to any sort of service at all?

How does that work?

In which case what was the purpose of putting the card through the door.
Seems counter productive.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The card says the package is left "behind black box" Obviously nothing there now five days later.

All the "contact me" boxes are left blank.

Hermes themselves have an answerphone you can't leave message on , and their website says its nothing to do with them, contact the sender.

Bring back Royal Mail. These people are fcuking tossers

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Had a purchase delivered by Hermes (vendor's choice not mine) which was left on the kitchen window sill in full view of anyone passing the property (live in a terraced hose on side of a hill so pedestrians can see down into the back garden & with a path at the side of the house. At best the parcel could have been stolen at worst it told an opportunist thief that the house was empty and could be broken into. Hermes = utter tools IMHO

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Never had any problems with Hermes-always get an e-mail to track parcel on-line.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt just this Hermes firm, my missus has had a few problems with Parcelnet (i think) who seem to believe that dropping a parcel off on the doorstop counts as a delivery. on one occasion when she was in, but they hadnt bothered to ring the door bell; on another it was left on the doorstep in the middle of a monsoon; on another no card was left and it sat strategicaly hidden for a couple of days. complaints to the seller get the goods resent to office, but she stop using that seller now because of the shit delivery service. the delivery bods work from home, running around in their own car, so i suppose it depends if you get a conscientious worker or a cock.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
isnt just this Hermes firm, my missus has had a few problems with Parcelnet (i think) who seem to believe that dropping a parcel off on the doorstop counts as a delivery. on one occasion when she was in, but they hadnt bothered to ring the door bell; on another it was left on the doorstep in the middle of a monsoon; on another no card was left and it sat strategicaly hidden for a couple of days. complaints to the seller get the goods resent to office, but she stop using that seller now because of the shit delivery service. the delivery bods work from home, running around in their own car, so i suppose it depends if you get a conscientious worker or a cock.

Hermes is the new name for parcelnet they amalagated with a German company, all the delivery drivers are self employed and only get paid for succesful deliveries/collections, thats why parcels are left in supposeedly safe places, why go back to the same address to deliver when your only getting 45/50p per delivery (depending on ;location and round)

I work for hermes and have done for 2 years and in that time i have had about 5 people claim they havent recieved their parcel

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...only get paid for succesful deliveries/collections, thats why parcels are left in supposeedly safe places

on a doorstep or behind a flowerpot doesnt constitute a safe place, does it? is that the company policy, rather than return to depot and arrange redelivery or collection?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
They're completely useless. We have a barrier to get to our house which is down from 9-5 Monday-Friday. If the barrier is down, whether or not we have left a number on the delivery message, they will just turn back and say we "refused delivery". Because of that, they won't leave a card, meaning there's no way to contact them. Home Delivery Network are equally rubbish. I can avoid them now as I have a car, but odd things that I want from Amazon etc leads to big trouble.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have stuff delivered by Hermes when I have bought something on line, which is quite often and on the odd occassion that I haven't been at home the lady who delivers in Haywards Heath has left a card with her telephone number that I rang and arranged for the delivery when I was going to be at home or delivered to my neighbour. Before going to Portugal I was waiting for a large Tee shirt to arrive I was able to track it from the moment it left JD Williams until it was delivered to the couriers house. Through having used them previously as stated above I phoned her and told her I was leaving at 12 noon when she promptly told me should deliver it before then which she did.

I have nothing but praise for this particular lady but can't speak for others but if as adammichael said they only get 45p a parcel I would't expect such good service for that.

If not at home when Royal Mail deliver they leave a card telling me to go to their depot 24 hrs later. I would sooner the parcel be left in a safe place, even if hidden behind a flower pot and be able to pick it up when I get home rather than go to the post depot.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Thank you BG (even if you are a moany old git sometimes ) we all try to do the job as best as we can but sometimes some people are never happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here